SOOOOO, what did you all do/buy while off TPF??

mona_danya

Personal Shopper
O.G.
Did you all suffer like I did? It was horrible, the longest day and half ever....
Anyways, I received my black patent paddy and it was gorgoues but I wasn't INLOVE, so my close friend was so eagerly ready to take the great deal....

Anyways, now seriously contemplating the elvire hobo in Patent and eyeing black double buckle black chloe boots one ebay. I have the same boots in brown and I LOVE them. Starting bid is $799 and BIN is $879. Kinda pricey considering the saks sale right now!

Soooooo, what have you all been upto, and what kinda damage did you do?

susieserb

Susie
O.G.
Dec 11, 2006
Midwest America; God's country
I was wondering why you weren't posting pics of the Paddy? Sorry you didn't feel the love also how cool is it that you have a friend to take purses off your hands. I have a girlfriend who's an antique nut and over buys. I can't tell you how many treasures I bought from her overflow.

Anyway I too missed tPF and I did buy those Chloe mules during the hiatus.

llson

O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
Couldn't stay away from Chloe, even with tPF down, so I shopped at Saks and got a pair of Chloe boots at 30% off.
It was a tough period of time without tPF. Had to do something.....LOL

ali w

Meditating.....
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Where it never rains....
I actually decided to really clean house, since I couldn't chat, and found my two toned Tracy, that I haven't carried in ages. So I feel like I got something new because I keep starring at her like I've never seen her before..lol!

Oct 30, 2006
Aussieland
OMG, I was experiencing serious withdrawal without tPF! LOL. Was longing on every hour just to check if it was back online! It didn't help that I had two days off! Argh! So glad to be back! Did anyone read the messages left on the blog while tPF was down? Some serious tPF addicts here! :nuts:

Went chloe window shopping! Not a lot of new stock here. Even the older stock are still outrageously expensive here! Sigh...

i_wona

like two plums
O.G.
Jan 10, 2007
Australia
OMG, I was experiencing serious withdrawal without tPF! LOL. Was longing on every hour just to check if it was back online!
LOL me too! i just kept refreshing the page every five minutes to see if it had come back online. The worst thing is, I kept thinking of stuff i wanted to search for and now I can't remember what any of it was!

Babi

O.G.
Feb 9, 2007
Italy
:true: I've been working all the time, without the possibility of a nice stop.
I realized I'm a bit addicted....
No shopping for me, luckily. Now finally, we're together again!
:party:

mariabdc

Runner
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
Spain
OMG, I was experiencing serious withdrawal without tPF! LOL. Was longing on every hour just to check if it was back online! It didn't help that I had two days off! Argh! So glad to be back! Did anyone read the messages left on the blog while tPF was down? Some serious tPF addicts here! :nuts:

I had a terrible time during the fist day, the withdrawal symptoms eased a bit yesterday before I could log in... :woohoo:
Since I couldn't waste time that should be devoted to work (as a freelance) in tPF, I resorted to ebay and found several bargains... which needed to be authenticated by the experts here... :confused1:
I finally decided to bid on a wonderful Betty from a reputable seller and got a bit carried away with my highest bid :P... It will end soon, so I'll keep you posted. I am extremely excited, since it would be my first Chloe :love:... BTW, I will merciless kill anyone who snatches this bag from me :boxing:, no matter whether she is a tPFer...

Star15Rin

MAC Madness!
O.G.
Sep 19, 2006
CT
I too was in withdrawl. Didn't buy anything though! (well, purse-related... I bought lots of Bath and Body works C.O. Bigelow goodies lol).

divnanata

Nata
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Chesterfield Missouri
I was doing a lot of house decorating shopping on line - no purchasing, however. Had to keep my obsessive shopping mania fed. Also - I paid close attention to those wonderful shows: Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor. Yikes - there - I admitted I watch them!

mariabdc

Runner
O.G.
Sep 11, 2007
Spain
from what everyone has said so far (and taking into account the messages that appeared on the blog while tPF was down), I draw the following conclussions:
1) it promoted spending
2) it had a positive effect on households with regard to cleanliness and tidyness
3) it promoted unusual activities
4) it made DHs realise how important tPF is for our and their psychological wellbeing...
I am so glad this is working again...! I don't know anyone here who loves bags as much as I do (except for my Mum, but she is into different brands and I can' really tell her what I am spending)...
Have a great day!
Maria