Soooo disappointed

nazaluke

O.G.
Dec 20, 2008
I was so excited Sunday night when I found a Vert Gazon GGH Day, my ultimate HG. Well, when it arrived today, my excitement turned to disappointment when I saw the condition.:crybaby: Maybe I'm crazy, but to me gently used means in pretty good condition. There are pen marks on both the front and the back and the handle is quite dark and the leather is pinched on the top of the handle. There is also some wear at the edges (I could live with that) and some discoloration on the bottom. I have contacted the seller and hope to work something out, but obviously, if I had known it would be in that condition, I would have either passed on it or paid less.
I am needing any suggestions, advice or comforting words you could give me. I am definitely thinking it needs a trip to LMB. Any other ideas?

Thanks, WW and Deb. Just heard back from her (very quick) and it looks like we will be able to work something out. I will keep you updated.
That's good NAZ....same thing happened to me last week and the seller is not working with me at all. She really sugar coated the condition (can't stand that) so I overpaid. I sent pictures to LMB hoping to get an idea how much they will charge to fix her up a little. I haven't heard back (it's been three days). Do you know if LMB replies quickly??

I had something like that happen to me too. I wish sellers would NOT sugar coat moderately used bags! Especially Bal since it seems like they show wear a lot quicker.

Mags, I just picked up the phone and talked to Barb, who is the nicest person you can imagine. So sweet. She looked up the auction, and gave me a very reasonable estimate so as soon as I hear back from the seller, I will send it in.
ITA, TX, I think we all understand that no natural leather product will ever be 100% perfect, especially used, but pen marks and dark handles and fading have to be disclosed!
Mags, I hope you can work something out. Maybe you can call Barb now (she's still working). I just talked to her a few minutes ago.

I saw the listing, and it is definitely well-used. For ebay listings, I go by pictures rather than their descriptions which can almost always be misleading.

Hope you can work it out with the seller!

JCJen, I didn't think the pics in the listing were clear enough to see the condition, and I don't think the handles were shown. You're right about being careful. I was so excited I don't think I even noticed. The seller is going to give me enough of a refund to send the bag to LMB.

I'm sorry to hear your bag wasn't as described. But LMB does amazing work so I hope it can be restored to your liking! I can leave this thread in the shopping section, but if you'd like me to move it to the ebay forum or care & maintenance, just let me know ;)

JCJen, I didn't think the pics in the listing were clear enough to see the condition, and I don't think the handles were shown. You're right about being careful. I was so excited I don't think I even noticed. The seller is going to give me enough of a refund to send the bag to LMB.

Glad to hear it! ;) You should always request more photos of corners, buckles, & handles. Those are the deal breakers for me..

I'm only paranoid now because I've been sent a few bags in really bad condition than what it was described as.

Awe Naza, I am so sorry! I know how excited you were about finding your HG!!! I know how easy it is to over look details in the heat of the moment... I really hope you are able to work something out with the seller and get her in tip top shape! I recently sent a few bags to LMB for some work and the turn around time was phenomenal, like 24 hrs literally from the time they received till they reshipped!