sooo Im back...tell me what Ive missed

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Fall Sale is now live! Save up to 40% on Nordy's best brands, including bags, shoes, clothes, home, and kids'. Click to shop.
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Gosh, I miss my TPF friends. Tell me what's been going on....

Here is up with me:

Still trying to get over my aunt's passing. Its just now been 2 years and it feels like yesterday. I miss her soooo much.

My daughter is at Teen Challenge in Arkansas. A Women's Christian Ministry....she went there to get help for her alcohol dependency....She arrived there on Thanksgiving day last year and has been there since....She is a Asst marketing director...and doing AWESOME. That place was a lifesaver for her.....and ME. Anyone ever need any info or help with dealing with children and alcohol...I will be glad to help. She is 29 and I've dealt with this for several years. She now devotes her time to helping and giving testimonies to churches. She is doing AMAZING.

My son is in his junior Year at University of Texas. Although he is in Paris for a semester studying International Relations. So very proud of him.

As for me, I have a FROZEN SHOULDER AND A COMPLETE TEAR in my rotator cuff. It is extremely painful, and nothing we can do at this point, until my shoulder becomes unfrozen. Reallllly sucks.

So, whats up with you?

2. Abbygirl - nice to see you back!!!!

Get that shoulder on a heating pad and thaw it out. lol

How is your DH??

3. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a year ago....the healthiest man on earth!

He had surgery and the drs got it all. But his regular checkups did NOT discover it, so he had this cancer for a year before it was diagnosed. Thank God this is a slow growing cancer.

He still goes for his 3 month check-ups and everything looks great.

This experience changed his life......

4. I am so happy to hear that he is doing well! Must be such a relief.

My DH had a scare with his blood pressure and is now doing better and behaving himself. No BBQ and less red meat. That is so hard for him. lol

5. sorry ive been MIA whats new?

6. Glad to hear that things are going well with you! :smile:

Not too much new here. Nicole is in 2nd grade, Julia is into everything and Alex is teething. Wooo! lol

I'll be starting my (hopefully) last Semester of studies in October and then will finally be finished with college! ...what will I do after that? haha. Kinda scary to think about. All my life I've been in school, except for a one year period where I worked. I can't imagine never having to take another university exam again...

7. Abby girl nice to hear things are getting better. I will PM you about the frozen shoulder as my DH suffered many years from this super irritating thing.

8. Good to see you again, abbygirl!

9. Thanks!!!

What have I missed?? Any one get married? baby?

My grandaughter is now 5 and still, the LOVE OF MY LIFE. I just celebrated my 30th wedding anniversary in July. We went to New York for 10 days. It was awesome....

10. Hey! Welcome back darlin'. :hugs:

11. aww thanks Dallas....back at'cha!!!!

12. We had a baby boy last August. I can't believe it's been a year already!

Congrats on your 30th!!!

13. awww Congrats! How awesome is THAT? Where is pics? I wanna see. :smile:

Dang, time has flown. :sad:

14. He's in my avatar. Also, I have tons on Facebook - if you're on there, let me know and we can be FB friends!

15. Yo A-Girl! Wassup! Welcome back.
    That is so awesome about your daughter. She should be very proud of herself. God was preparing her to touch others lives in a way no one else could.

:hugs: