Soon to be a dog parent?!

psulion08

I want it all
O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
Hey everyone! I have wanted a dog since I was 5 years old..I'm 27 now lol. My husband works for the Navy and is gone a couple weeks a month. Needless to say, it gets pretty lonely. Our family lives in another state so they don't come down very often. Since he has been away, I have really started thinking that we need a dog! We have already, sort of had the "dog coversation" and he didn't tell me no, but he said that we should get one when we have a child :wacko: Um that was a quick no from me lol.

Fast forward to today...after researching breeds/training/supplies/etc for a dog, I decided to go to the local shelter to see if there were any there that I liked. Well...of course there was a lovely beagle that I fell in love with. :hbeat:I hope my husband will let me get her. He should come home tomorrow...so I'm crossing my fingers we will get her next week!!!

Here is a picture:

olive_zpscff5f338.jpg

Aww, I know the feeling. Its how I feel about the horse i am riding that is for sale. You lose yourself in dreams and fantasies about how it will be all the time but at the same time you worry things wont fall into place and youll be disappointed. Im sure hell say yes. Good luck!!!

Good luck! I don't think it's too soon at all and see no reason why it would not be a good idea as long as you are home to take care of it. She looks very sweet! Personally, if you are thinking of having a baby soon, it's better to get a dog first to make sure they are acclimated and such to you, the home, family members,etc. Having a new baby and a new dog is just a recipe for failure IMHO.

floridasun8 said:
Good luck! I don't think it's too soon at all and see no reason why it would not be a good idea as long as you are home to take care of it. She looks very sweet! Personally, if you are thinking of having a baby soon, it's better to get a dog first to make sure they are acclimated and such to you, the home, family members,etc. Having a new baby and a new dog is just a recipe for failure IMHO.

My thoughts exactly! Somehow..my husband thought it was a GREAT idea to get a dog and a baby at the same time. Oy.

Hey everyone! I have wanted a dog since I was 5 years old..I'm 27 now lol. My husband works for the Navy and is gone a couple weeks a month. Needless to say, it gets pretty lonely. Our family lives in another state so they don't come down very often. Since he has been away, I have really started thinking that we need a dog! We have already, sort of had the "dog coversation" and he didn't tell me no, but he said that we should get one when we have a child :wacko: Um that was a quick no from me lol.

Fast forward to today...after researching breeds/training/supplies/etc for a dog, I decided to go to the local shelter to see if there were any there that I liked. Well...of course there was a lovely beagle that I fell in love with. :hbeat:I hope my husband will let me get her. He should come home tomorrow...so I'm crossing my fingers we will get her next week!!!

Here is a picture:

olive_zpscff5f338.jpg

Good luck! I hope it works out, he looks like a cutie....

So to follow up:

I have been talking with my husband and we are going to the shelter on Friday to look at her and make sure that DH likes her. She's such a sweetheart, I can't imagine them not getting along! Ooooo yay!!!!