Sony Vaio Battery Help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have just bought a sony vaio laptop CR Series, and i love it but i am already getting annoyed with the battery, How long should the battery go for, before switching off? Should i remove the battery when im using my laptop with the wire?
    Dont really know what the best thing to do is.

Thanks

2. its best to keep it plugged in. i always keep mine plugged in unless i absolutely have to unplug it.

3. Thanks alot for replying. Do you experience any other problems with the Sony Vaio becides the battery? Which one do you have?

4. I always keep my laptop plugged in unless I have to. My battery doesnt last very long about an hour and a bit - I was told I have damaged the battery (thats why it doesnt last very long) because I always leave it plugged in. So im not sure what advice to give. This is on a Vaio too.

5. #5 Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
    So its best to leave it plugged it or it isnt? Not really sure which is best.

I forgot to ask about the cd/dvd, When you press the button to open where the cd goes? does it open completly or just a bit and you have to pull it out?

Thanks

6. my battery dies very fast too; but i have it plugged in all the time i use it so...
    beside that- i love it

7. Sounds like a common thing then. Everyones battery seems to die quickly.
    I love the my vaio but i am annoyed with the battery thing. Its not exactly cheap.

Thanks to everyone whos responded.

8. we completely replaced a vaio battery after 2 years. over $200.

9. if you're using the ac adapter, take the battery out.

10. Thanks alot for the advice, I have just charged it but took it out and using the laptop plugged in :o)

11. Mine used to last about 2.5 hrs when I first bought it ,now it lasts less than 2 hrs.

12. oh my...poor me...i didnt even know it's till working without the battery.
    ill try that NOW
    [​IMG]

13. Agree.

I am contemplating the purchase of a new Vaio. I did a search here for any rants or raves about them & found a thread where someone mentioned they worked for Sony. She stated to take the battery out while using the ac adapter.

14. afaik, dvd/cd drives on laptops pop out just a bit when you press the eject button and you have to pull the tray out yourself to insert a disc (unless it's a slot load drive, which many newer laptops have nowadays).

15. I have the NR series and mine doesn't last long either. But I do have a cooler plugged in that robs some of my battery.

I try to keep mine plugged in as much as possible.