Books & Music Songs that make you cry?

Jan 4, 2009
Everybody has a soft spot. What are some songs that make you cry? Or if not cry, what songs have a lot of emotion and really hit you hard?
I don't really cry that much, only sometimes, but these are all very powerful for me, even though they may not make me cry. The one's I can think of off the top of my head --
Untitled - Simple Plan.
Just a Dream - Carrie Underwood.
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls.
My wish - Rascall Flatts.
Adam's Song - Blink-182.
Disenchanted - My Chemical Romance.
Pretty much any Simple Plan song is really powerful for me, they have pretty emotional lyrics.
I'm sure there are better ones, but I couldn't think of them at the moment. I'll add some as I think of them.

Okay, so back in the eighties, when I was like, five, this group called Yarbrough and Peoples had this song called "Don't Stop the Music." In the song, they changed their voices, and in this high-pitched voice would say, "You don't really wanna stop! Nooooo!" I would ask my cousins about the high pitched voices, and they would pretend they couldn't hear that part of the lyrics, and instead, they told me that it was being sung by little monsters who didn't want to be heard, and that they would come at night for anyone who could hear them singing that part of the song.

For about a year, I cried whenever I heard that song. Does that count?

today i cried at "so hard to say goodbye to yesterday" by boys to men. it made me think of how i would feel if my little sisters were to die; which is a horrible thought in itself.

a few spanish songs make me cry too. particularly "tu solo tu" and "siempre hace frio" which are both selena songs

I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer by Stevie Wonder doesn't make me cry but I feel pretty emotional about those that I have lost when I hear it.

Other songs that make me stop what I'm doing and listen are:
Don't Speak - No Doubt & Adam's Song - Blink 182

arms wide open - creed [makes me think of my kiddos]
momma - boys to men [my husband danced with his mom to that at our wedding and she has since passed away]
i can only imagine - mercy me [song was played at her funeral]
all around me - fly leaf [just touches me in so many ways]

I cry when I hear "In the Arms of the Angles" by Sarah Maclachlan because it makes me think of the ASPCA commercials... they are so sad! I hate thinking about sad, homeless puppies! Ok, gotta go love on my dog now... I'm about to cry just thinking about the song/commercials.

I cry when I hear "In the Arms of the Angles" by Sarah Maclachlan because it makes me think of the ASPCA commercials... they are so sad! I hate thinking about sad, homeless puppies! Ok, gotta go love on my dog now... I'm about to cry just thinking about the song/commercials.

I know :shocked: That commercial makes me cry.

Another song that makes me pretty much want to cry is "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum. The song is so sad, it's about all the kids that run away from home and the video is super sad as well as it shows pictures of actual kids that disappeared.