Sometimes you can't fight the urge any longer...

It would seem that my Mulberry addiction is ever growing...
Whilst I've temporarily managed to suppress my urge to buy a new bag by instead purchasing a lovely silver anthracite heart keyring and a black patent continental wallet :graucho: this has been insufficient and I cannot fight it any longer!!

I've decided that my next purchase is going to be an alexa (regular size- o/s is too large for my frame) but now I can't decide which colour. I have a black bays so I'd rather go for a different colour. I'm swaying between the mini leopard patent, ink and oak. From one extreme to the other I know!!!

Baring in mind that I do live in Glasgow, I'm not sure how wise a choice the oak would be? It is very nice though! Mini patent is attracting me massively but I don't know if this will only be something I like now because Christmas is approaching and it is the season of all things sparkly:smile: however in a few months as spring approaches I wouldn't use it as much? So... is ink the best choice?

Ink is a lovely choice, but you will have to source one second hand as it is past season colour. Oak is gorgeous and timeless. i think I have heard it said by folk on here that the oak alexa does not mark in the rain provided it is well sprayed with collonil waterstop spray. My only downside for this bag is that it can pick up colour transfer from denim etc. I love the mini black leopard. i reckon that you should go for that one! It is a rare beauty. good luck deciding and do come back and reveal xx

The mini black leopard is stunning, did you see ratrat's recent reveal? her photos showed how it can look both brown and black, making it so versatile. It gave me a serious, SERIOUS case of bag lust!

I'm on the case! Will have a look and no doubt I'll be smitten!!!
Thanks for your advice Tortoise. I'm so grateful for all the advice (and encouragement!!!) I've been given by the lovely TPF ladies

I love the mini black leopard, it's such a stunning, eyecatching bag! If it is as you say the one that attracts you the most, then go for it! Go with your gut, from what you've said it sounds like that's the one for you :smile:

Yes, I think my heart is going for the mini leopard. My head is wondering about the resale value though. As much as I like to think that I'd keep it forever I know that another bag will steal my heart in the future and I'll have to sell it on. Ink and oak would retain a good value I'd imagine. I hope mini leopard will be the same.

I might have been a poor economic student (in HR now!), but from an economic point of view, if you look at the seasonal Alexas for SS10, the black Alexa with snake trim and oak leopard Alexa for instance, these are now very sought after! There will be more oak Alexas around, as this is not just a current season bag. I'd imagine this one would hold it's value fairly well as long as it's in good condition as it's bound to be more rare. And don't forget that the prices are increasing aswell, so my guess is that this will not loose value any more than any other of your used bags.

Last edited:
Hopefully! I've posted one in the 'authenticate this' section. It'd be a nice saving if it is genuine and it would mean that I would have to face the manager in the Glasgow store who always looks at me as though I may run away with his stock!!!

I agree with dazzlepuff that it seems like the seasonal Alexas are very sought after because only a finite number are made and then it is discontinued. I think you should go with your heart.
I bought an Ink Alexa earlier this year when I went with my head over my heart. I still love it very much but I never forgot my heart bag - the OL Alexa - which became very difficult to find. I was very lucky to find the perfect one through a lovely owner who wanted to move hers on. But it can be difficult to find the seasonal ones in great condition after the season is over.

I say vote with your heart. If you don't you'll probably always want the one that got away and you'll end up spending more on bags that only temporarily fill the void. At least that's what I've learned from my own experience!

i have the ink and i left it quite late trying to make my mind up and i had problems tracking one down, i love the mini patent and would love love love to add it. i think go with your heart and the seasonal ones sell out oak should be easy to find in future if you want that too. lol