Sometimes, I have to call my dad and ask him to hug my two cats for me

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
One of the charities my company works with is IFAW. My job is to key information from the donation cards sent in by donors.

Those cards often have pictures of animals on them. Somtimes they're very healthy. Sometimes they're shown in the process of being cared for.

Then they show the abandoned, abused animals.

I don't like these.

There's one that makes me flinch. It shows a pair of hands holding up a puppy with a noticably injured but never been treated paw.

So far there have been two that just make me want to cry. And I have.

One was an abandoned, filthy, emaciated dog in Bali.

The other, newer one shows a dog with one eye.
(The only thing that comforts me is that the dog looks like it had been treated medically. But at the same time . . . poor little one-eyed doggie!)

I'm comforted by the fact that these is that I'm keying information from people who want to help these animals.

I found a way to creatively fold the puppy and the Bali dog coupons so I can have the information I need without having to look at the picture.

With the newer one, it's on a card so if I want to avoid the picture while I'm keying I might just have to tear the picture off.

I don't think the charity wants a bunch of torn cards, so I might just have to cover the picture with a Post-It every time I key it.

So far I only came across one but I'm really dreading the time when I'll have to key maybe 60 in a row.

If they ever use coupons showing the aftermath of the seal hunt I am just going to freaking lose it.

Cruelty and suffering one should never become used to, so you're concern is understandable and admirable. There is comfort in knowing that each card also has a donor attached to i.

I know how you feel, I dread opening emails from Bidawee, SPCA, PETA, etc. But I do, and always end up sending them money, which makes them send me more emails, etc etc etc....

i wish they wouldnt use such graphic images like that. I know they do it for a reaction, and they get one... but im sure its not entirely the one they want. There's an art to fighting a war, and most organizations dont have it.

The most effective way to get your point across is by getting people to listen and very few will tolerate the pictures that portray the savage treatment that animals have undergone.

They have to show the positive, or at least more neutral, images to get the positive reactions from people. KWIM? because though as haunting as the images are, some people will give money and help out, but others will run away because they dont want to see the heartless torture and abuse of the animals.