Sometimes eBay Security Works!

restricter

Beware the BIN Paw
O.G.
Apr 25, 2007
I've finally started selling on eBay rather than donating, passing on or tossing stuff. My first 3 listings went well. I sold 2 of the 3 items and listed 2 more items. Imagine the heart attack I had this morning when I checked my ebay account and saw that someone hacked it but the eBay security staff killed the listings. I promptly changed my password and my paypal password.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I've finally started selling on eBay rather than donating, passing on or tossing stuff. My first 3 listings went well. I sold 2 of the 3 items and listed 2 more items. Imagine the heart attack I had this morning when I checked my ebay account and saw that someone hacked it but the eBay security staff killed the listings. I promptly changed my password and my paypal password.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

this happened to me last xmas day, checked my ebay acc as i was cooking dinner and found someone had hacked me and listed fake uggs, ebay had already rumbled them and sorted it all out thankfully.

hey i got the same thing today! by the time i woke up, i received two emails from the bay saying my account was compromised but they have already freezed it before the hacker could do anything.

but for some reason, resetting my password was a bit of a pain and took about an hour and two live chats to resolve!

but yes, the point is, the bay actually managed to find out about the breach and secure my account before any damage was done. i'm impressed!

hey i got the same thing today! by the time i woke up, i received two emails from the bay saying my account was compromised but they have already freezed it before the hacker could do anything.

but for some reason, resetting my password was a bit of a pain and took about an hour and two live chats to resolve!

but yes, the point is, the bay actually managed to find out about the breach and secure my account before any damage was done. i'm impressed!

OK! I'm not alone! I couldn't even log in this morning. It was weird. eBay remembered my password but wouldn't accept it. Sheesh.

i wonder if it was a glitch in the system and not an actual hacker? haha! anyways, i'm glad no damage was done! :yes:

or maybe they are trying to tell people that security actually works?

i did notice that they are changing interface etc, so i wonder if it was some kind of system error...