Something weird with the "date birth" of my new City

Nov 4, 2009
Saturday, I bought my first Balenciaga (a black RH City) in the Printemps departement store of Paris. Therefore, my bag should be S/S 2010 or, at least, F/W 2009. But according to the tag, it is from S/S 2009.... Weird isn't it ?

Do you think it's an error or that they may have kept that bag for that long in their stock ? Plus, it's a rather common bag, they must sale them quite fast....

I got the SA to get all the city in stock so I could choose mine. Maybe that's why it's "old" ? It was the more gorgeous leather of all, but quite different from the others....

What do you think ? :biggrin:

I'm really happy with my bag, I just want to know everything about it !

(I hope you were able to understand all I said, I don't speak a fluent english ! :smile: )

lol it is really common! don't worry...you can find old stocks even from 2007(if you are lucky!) in some stores....i 've found a lot of great oldies in MILAN(2007 CHèVRE !) AND PARIS(GEORGE V)

congrats on your bag:heart:

Saturday, I bought my first Balenciaga (a black RH City) in the Printemps departement store of Paris. Therefore, my bag should be S/S 2010 or, at least, F/W 2009. But according to the tag, it is from S/S 2009.... Weird isn't it ?

Do you think it's an error or that they may have kept that bag for that long in their stock ? Plus, it's a rather common bag, they must sale them quite fast....

I got the SA to get all the city in stock so I could choose mine. Maybe that's why it's "old" ? It was the more gorgeous leather of all, but quite different from the others....

What do you think ? :biggrin:

I'm really happy with my bag, I just want to know everything about it !

(I hope you were able to understand all I said, I don't speak a fluent english ! :smile: )

Hi!

I bought a Black GGH City straight from Balenciaga and had assumed that it would be a 2010 bag since I bought it this year. When I received it though I found it was a 2009 bag. I called them to find out why and if they had any 2010 in stock.. They told me that Black bags are "roll overs", meaning that they make it every year and don't really pay attention to season. They said that they usually sell the previous stock before the new bags go out.. Unless you're in the store and can pick it out yourself of course.

Hope this helps..

That helps ! Thanks you Chloeglamour and Little Rock! That explains a lot ! :smile:

Anyway, it wasn't the one the SA show me at first, even not second. I asked to took out all the black cities, and I chose, without knowing, the old one.