Something to last : Which one?

NHY

O.G.
Dec 20, 2011
Hi ladies,

Which one of these bags is a better buy? I need something that is casual, fits quite a bit and will last for a long long time

The Chanel 19 looks nicer for now, but will the big and mixed chains look tacky in the future?

Or should I skip the bags and buy a Juste Un Clou (small) with diamonds instead?

Appreciate if you could let me know what you think! Thank you ❤️

284DBC2B-000E-4AAC-BAB4-812E91AC10CB.jpeg

09882661-A8E1-413C-8015-62B0D29EA22F.jpeg

My thoughts on just comparing the two bags: I have the Chanel 19 bag in Large size (medium) and it is a dream to wear. I love how soft and slouchy the leather is and the in/out access is very easy. The back pocket is a great bonus too! I use it as an everyday bag so for me, getting good use out of the bag makes it worth it. I'm not a fan of the seasonal bag (1st picture) mainly because of the solid handle looking like it could be uncomfortable, but that's just me. My advice would be to go with the one you love :heart::smile:

Reactions: NHY
Agree with Artax...I’d go for the 19. It fits all of your criteria and is my most used Chanel bag. I also have the JUC. Love them both and couldn’t imagine my collection without them. But 1 now and the other piece later.

The first bag doesn’t really seem casual due to the top handle.

Reactions: NHY and OCMomof3
I had the same dilemma as you. I bought the 19 but then saw the other bag on Instagram and fell in love. I was considering selling my Trendy CC to fund it, but in the end decided that the seasonal bag might not have the same longevity. I also agree with what another poster said about the handle possibly being uncomfortable. I would go for the 19 as it’s set to become a classic and there have already been price increases. It is also very casual whereas I think the other is more dressy-chic.

I also had the same reservations as you about the 19 eventually looking dated due to the chains and chunky hardware. I still have those reservations but I love the bag now and I’m trying not to look too far into the future.