Something sweet & tasty

Awww, how thoughtful. I love seeing the purse cake threads....they are always so much fun! I agree with shopgirl23, that the bag is a Chanel Kelly.

Happy Birthday! You have such a sweet husband!

I was in the same situation as you, I was deciding between a Rolex and a Chanel for my "push" gift (for doing all the work to give birth to our dearest son), and I chose a Rolex. 6 months later, I found a very nice pre-love Chanel and I got that too!

Hi Ladies, I wanted to share this with you, I was 40 in December 2010 and I had allways dreamed of owning a Chanel classic flap but thought they was out of my budget, I have been collecting bags & wallets for 11 years & own about 20 bags from all different designers but have never ventured into Chanel & I really dont know why because I have wasted money on bags that I probably did not love that much.

For my birthday present I considered getting a Chanel classic flap but wanted something that I would get a lot of use out of & last me for years so I ended up getting a Rolex watch but I still dream of owning a Classic flap.

I have recently crossed over to Chanel & have recently purchased a GST & Chanel Camelia wallet but I still dream of owning a classic flap but still cant bring myself to buy one & now with the recent price increase there even dearer.

So I just thought I would share something funny with you all, my DH got me this because he could not get me my Chanel bag as well as my watch, I hope you like & I dont get in trouble for posting this here because its not a bag or accessorie.

ENJOY, by the way it was tasty lol.:graucho::lol:

hehehe, LOL, I want a bit of this!! :smile:

Happy Birthday! You have such a sweet husband!

I was in the same situation as you, I was deciding between a Rolex and a Chanel for my "push" gift (for doing all the work to give birth to our dearest son), and I chose a Rolex. 6 months later, I found a very nice pre-love Chanel and I got that too!

How lovely to have a gift for having your son, when you look at your watch you will be reminded of your son, I however look at my watch & remeber that I am 40 not such a nice reminder lol, I did get a chanel bag last week so that was nearly 6 months after my Birthday but it wasnt the classip flap that I have allways dreamed of owning but it was a bag that I would of wanted even if I did have a classic flap so I am keeping my fingers crossed that maybe someday I will get that bag I dream of owning:graucho:

I still can't get over how cute that was of your DH.

It makes my day to see these kinds of things, and how it would make you smile. I kinda live vicariously through this - my H would never do that. :sad:
Oh well...I'm enjoying your post! :smile:

Nice reading your story... Gorgeous cake! My story is similar I have many designer bags but I always avoided chanel & viewed the range of bags for a maturer person... I was so wrong!:rolleyes:

I totally agree when I think of the money I have wasted on bags that just sit in my closet I could of purchased a few Jumbos, I try not to think about it, I have sold a few but I dont really like to sell my bags as I end up regretting it & the ones I sold were seasonal so I cant get again but I did end up buying a gorgeous red Balenciaga out of some of the money, which I class as a classic so not too bad but I am in love with Chanel & thats probably what I will buy from now on.;)