Something pretty mortifying happened

That's just ewww. How do you know the thief didn't step on it or put it on the floor or do who knows what to it before it went into the tank? The intention was to completely damage the bag so I'd guess more happened to it. Just the thought of touching that bag again would make me freak out!! Gosh, that is so evil of someone! I wonder if they actually knew the value of your bag and were so jealous of it they wanted to utterly destroy it? What a negative experience. I hope it works out for you.

I lost 60 and change in cash which is no big deal. I'm more upset about the damage to the purse as it's already warped on the inside and it keeps bleeding color. And that my passport is no longer valid. :sad:

Glad to hear there wasn’t much cash lost.

Aw but I’m so sorry about the passport. Luckily getting a new one isn’t that much of a pain. I would worry about the wallet for now. Although it should be okay. These little bags are much sturdier than we think!

Reactions: Lux.
First and foremost: i am so sorry to hear you had to go thorugh this!

My family had bags stolen once when they visited the graveyard and left items in the car - i cant even begin to describe the trauma, but the bags were found six months later in the bushes of some kids playground. dogpoo on them, rained on, mouldy. needless to say they were chucked.

I think u were "lucky" with ur clean water tank. I wouldnt go as far as the others here, im sure nobody had the time to step on the bag or try to ruin it, they were looking for money end had no idea about the value of the bag - whilst tryng to be quick and get rid of it they hid it in the easiest place possible - the water tank

just think about it: if u want to go through a bag in peace and quiet, u need to look urself up in a toilet cubicle. and if u want to appear like ur doing nothing wrong, u obviously cant go back out leaving an emptied bag behind. I mean isnt that what they always show in all the hollywood movies? so what im trying to say: im almost certain nothing else bad happened to ur bag, it was just evidence that needed to be hidden.
TO EVERYONE commenting ewwww: really? dont make the poor OP feel worse! also: did u not know that the average smartphone screen has MORE Germs than any public toilet? think about where u put ur phone down during a week and how often u touch it - without washing the phone. u put your smartphone in ur chanels, dont u? Car and House key chains have been tested in various hygiene tests and along with wallets contained a ****load of viruses and germs - whichis why I actually use desinfection spray on my smarrphone, my wallet and my keys from time to time. with that being sad, My point is the bag can defo be restored, no need to freak the thread starter out.

There is a special antibacterial treatment for bags btw if they got mouldy due to wrong storage or water damage. I saw ho after hurricane katrina, chanel and hermes offered to restore peoples bags... I am sure you could ask a professional bag spa for an antibacterial treatment, if u wanted to. you could still follow that with a spa or colour treatment..

ur bag will be fine!! so glad you at least go it BACK. :heart:

If this were my bag, I’d let Chanel fix it up for you. And I’m the biggest germaphobe ever. We’ve all been told that in case of dire emergency, we would be able to drink the tank water if needed. So think it over, and consider it.
The thief obviously had no idea what she had in her hands. I really think this could have been so much worse.

I feel bad that this happened to you.
Can't understand why that person tried to flush it! He could just through it somewhere at least!!

I honestly don't know what to do if I was in your place..I'm not sure of I wanna use it again.

It sad to see people doing such a thing...

The person who stole my bag put my purse in the toilet tank to hide it after taking the cash (probably for dope). That is the back of the toilet. Not the toilet bowl - for those wondering.

The person who found it the following day was using the bathroom, noticed that the toilet did not flush, and found it in the clean water tank after lifting the lid.

This I hope is the last post about that.

Update:

This is what the WOC looks like now that it is mostly dry. As you can see it is warped. Is it worth taking it into Chanel for them to send to their workshop?
If I opt to sell it, what are the best options to do that? I thought this WOC would be with me forever. :-s

Attachments

• 20190219_190908.jpg
    20190219_190908.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 490
  • 20190219_190953.jpg
    20190219_190953.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 489
  • 20190219_191035.jpg
    20190219_191035.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 491
  • 20190219_191139.jpg
    20190219_191139.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 495
I would send it to Leather Surgeons. From what I’ve seen, they are magicians and will have your bag back to you far more quickly than letting Chanel send it to Paris for several months. I have even heard of Chanel losing or mixing up bags. Leather Surgeons has a remarkable reputation. Are you in the U.S.?

Update:

This is what the WOC looks like now that it is mostly dry. As you can see it is warped. Is it worth taking it into Chanel for them to send to their workshop?
If I opt to sell it, what are the best options to do that? I thought this WOC would be with me forever. :-s

I would send it to Leather Surgeons. From what I’ve seen, they are magicians and will have your bag back to you far more quickly than letting Chanel send it to Paris for several months. I have even heard of Chanel losing or mixing up bags. Leather Surgeons has a remarkable reputation. Are you in the U.S.?

I live in NYC. I can take it back to Leather Spa to see what they think, but they did mention that if the cardboard that's inside gets warped there isn't really anything they can do about that. But maybe the deep clean with steam cleaning could reset the shape?

I believe it was Leather Surgeons who has a video showing how they opened the seam and replaced the cardboard in a Chanel. I’ll try to find it.(Maybe it was a different repair service company.) LS is in Pennsylvania, so not very far to mail your bag.

Found the video!!
Not Leather Surgeons, but this video shows an amazing step by step complete restoration! (Or resurrection is the better term he uses)
So it can be done.

I live in NYC. I can take it back to Leather Spa to see what they think, but they did mention that if the cardboard that's inside gets warped there isn't really anything they can do about that. But maybe the deep clean with steam cleaning could reset the shape?

Last edited: