Something new with the Evelyne?

Kellybag

O.G.
Mar 9, 2006
After a few phone calls today and some conversation, I am seeing and hearing about Evelynes that are a canvas and leather combination.

Have you all seen them? Am I just way out of the loop? (wouldn't surprise me in the least if I am)

I don't mind this combination and actually think it has a nice look in some colors, BUT it just reminds me of other brands that have gone this route. With other brands over time the prices didn't increase much, but you saw less and less leather on the bags. I am wondering what Hermes is doing on this one...I wonder if it is a sign of anything in the future?

Here you go, KB >>

Technical question. Is Toile = Canvas?????

attachment.php

After a few phone calls today and some conversation, I am seeing and hearing about Evelynes that are a canvas and leather combination.

Have you all seen them? Am I just way out of the loop? (wouldn't surprise me in the least if I am)

I don't mind this combination and actually think it has a nice look in some colors, BUT it just reminds me of other brands that have gone this route. With other brands over time the prices didn't increase much, but you saw less and less leather on the bags. I am wondering what Hermes is doing on this one...I wonder if it is a sign of anything in the future?

if this meant they were going to stop raising prices, that would be one thing, but they're doing both - trying to pull in extra $ from the top and the bottom.

It's not new...I know one of my stores had one where the leather was olive and the canvas was green..seems to be seasonal...Hermes puts out more "fabric" bags for spring/summer