Something Is Fishy with this Listing

MizzEve

Jan 12, 2013
I was going to bid on a Dior bag that has a $200 opening and $500 BIN. I checked closed listings to get an idea of going price and lo and behold guess what I found? A previous listing by a different Seller, but same description and photos. And, it looks like there may be shilling on both listings. Or, am I just paranoid?

Current listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330872214953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Old listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-C...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I was going to bid on a Dior bag that has a $200 opening and $500 BIN. I checked closed listings to get an idea of going price and lo and behold guess what I found? A previous listing by a different Seller, but same description and photos. And, it looks like there may be shilling on both listings. Or, am I just paranoid?

Current listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330872214953?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Old listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-C...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

* Same pictures? No, not all are the same. Some were stolen from the previous listing but others seem to be the seller's own
* Copied description? Yes, but that happens frequently. It's wrong to plagiarize but not necessarily fishy
* Shilling in both listings? Where!!?!? No shill bidding in either December listing or current listing.

I don't see any indication of "fishiness" except for the wrongdoing of making probably unauthorized use of the other seller's text and images.

ETA: I don't believe the sellers are linked.

* Same pictures? No, not all are the same. Some were stolen from the previous listing but others seem to be the seller's own
* Copied description? Yes, but that happens frequently. It's wrong to plagiarize but not necessarily fishy
* Shilling in both listings? Where!!?!? No shill bidding in either December listing or current listing.

I don't see any indication of "fishiness" except for the wrongdoing of making probably unauthorized use of the other seller's text and images.

ETA: I don't believe the sellers are linked.

Either the Seller is selling the same bag and lying about having purchased it new. Or, they are selling a different bag and using pictures of another bag. Either way it's more than fishy, it's dishonest.

Either the Seller is selling the same bag and lying about having purchased it new. Or, they are selling a different bag and using pictures of another bag. Either way it's more than fishy, it's dishonest.

The seller with the current listing shows the serial number. It was not shown in the original listing so why you'd think it's the same bag is beyond me. Current seller is in CA and previous seller was in HI. There are lots of other Dior cannage drawstring bags that are current listed, previously sold, or listed and sold on Bonz, Deluxemall, Malleries, etc. Without seeing that this listing's serial number matches another, there's no way for you to prove what you are suspecting.

I saw that you had the bag authenticated and all pictures evidently show authentic bag(s) so if you're interested, why not simply ask the seller why they're using someone else's pictures?

I tend to be able to determine if there are questionable listings and I don't see anything questionable here (in either listing) and I'm just wondering what it is that you're seeing.

Not every picture thief knows that it's wrong. In fact, the first 4 pictures are the seller's own, as indicated by the same background and photographing style as her other listings.

A certain amount of caution is a good thing when purchasing online from strangers, but unnecessary suspicion when none is warranted makes no sense!

OP, BeenBurned was just trying to help. I, for one, would welcome (and have asked!) for her help and appreciate it VERY MUCH. She has a way with finding things out about sellers, listings, bags, etc. I have no idea how she does it but I find it awesome that she's willing to help so much when she doesn't have to.

Instead of 'Yawn' I would have said 'thank you'. But that's just me. :peace:

OP, BeenBurned was just trying to help. I, for one, would welcome (and have asked!) for her help and appreciate it VERY MUCH. She has a way with finding things out about sellers, listings, bags, etc. I have no idea how she does it but I find it awesome that she's willing to help so much when she doesn't have to.

Instead of 'Yawn' I would have said 'thank you'. But that's just me. :peace:

+1 BB is a fantastic helper here, and I also very much appreciate her help and hard work. Thank you BB for all that you do!