something interesting i heard today...

Almost all retail establishments use shippers like UPS to move inventory. Usually only grocers and a few other nationwide chains have their own trucks, and they are almost never for boutique-type stores. Having their own shiiping fleet is not cost-effective unless they are moving massive amounts of merchandise, and LV is not (at least not in comparison to lumber, food and warehouse stores).

Yeah, if there was an LV delivery truck, it would be quite some drive from the France factory to the boutique! :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

i used to work in the trucking industry while in college and this story isnt too far fetched. shipments or parts of shipments go missing all the time. people who work in the industry know what they are taking, whether its plasma tv's (and yes its happened) or dvd players, or designer clothing. its happened. All the companies do is ask for dock searches to be done, watch security tape,(sometimes not all that telling) and file a claim if the merchandise isnt found. the merchandise goes missing and ends up on the street. you'll know if she ever carries her bag in front of you. thats all. report back and let us know.

Here in Hawaii last month so some thieves broke into the Prada wearhouse and stole $1 million dollars worth of Prada goods. It was headline news. Needless to say here in Hawaii everyone is waiting to see where the goods surface.

i have several co workers who have told me this same story, the funny part is, they are absolutely convinced that they are carrying authentic bags....*sigh* I have stopped trying to waste my breath with explanations and just nod and smile...

i used to work in the trucking industry while in college and this story isnt too far fetched. shipments or parts of shipments go missing all the time. people who work in the industry know what they are taking, whether its plasma tv's (and yes its happened) or dvd players, or designer clothing. its happened. All the companies do is ask for dock searches to be done, watch security tape,(sometimes not all that telling) and file a claim if the merchandise isnt found. the merchandise goes missing and ends up on the street. you'll know if she ever carries her bag in front of you. thats all. report back and let us know.

haha sorry to get off track but this made me think of something... did anyone hear about some guys that stole a truck of stuff (they didn't know what was in it) and then they found out it was GPS tracking devices or something (obviously they found this out when the police found them)