Something about my Birkin that has always worried me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocmommy

Birkinstalker
O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
Hello everyone!

I purchased my dream B in March from a reputable reseller, and it was also authenticated by a member here who offers her expertise.

There is a stamp on this inside of the pocket. This detail was never listed in the auction, nor was the authenticator aware of it when I asked about it upon receipt. She vaguely assured me that it was an oversight when creating the bag, but it just seems so out of character for Hermes to make such a glaring mistake.

This is on the inside front pocket without the zipper. Chèvre de Coromandel from 2004. It doesn't bother me in terms of esthetics, but it's just this nagging feeling that...I can't even say it. :cry:

Has anyone ever seen this? Any tips on removing it? Thanks!

IMG_2573.PNG

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
hmmm looks more like a stock number from the tannery its very very odd though still in 2004-2006 Hermes went under a huge revisión of qualityt standards i think by the up roar in JPG popularity this in a way brought better clips for Kelly and all straps also all pockets on birkins and kellys were lined and the doublé ring was made standard on all kellys. so i think this may be one of the more traditionally older more familly company made bags . but again its very odd could yopu post pics of the bag please !!!! thankyou !!!!! hope it helps birkel.

mistikat

Bling!
O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
I'm sorry, but since your question appears to concern authenticity, given your comment that, "...it's just this nagging feeling that...I can't even say it" I'm closing the thread as we don't allow authenticity-related questions outside the designated threads. I concur with the original opinion that this bag is authentic.

Thanks for your understanding.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.