Somerset Shopper - Putty

ditab

Mulberryaholic
O.G.
Dec 13, 2006
Has anyone seen the picture of the Somerset Shopper in Putty on the website? It comes with what appears to be a detachable shoulder/messenger strap :nuts:

Somerset.jpg

Very strange as neither the oak nor the chocolate have this but the price is the same. However, there is no mention of it in the description. Do you think it's an error?

Hmm, that's odd Dita? In the description though it does mention that as well as being hand-held, it also fits 'easily over the shoulder'. I can't see those plaitted handles on their own fitting over the shoulder at all?

I'm pretty sure that Flossie has this, hopefully she'll be along soon to comment.

Just picked up this thread quickly as heading to classes . OK , my choco shopper goes over my shoulder with a coat on . I have a feeling though that the choco may be larger than the putty . Will measure when I get back ....

Hmm, that's odd Dita? In the description though it does mention that as well as being hand-held, it also fits 'easily over the shoulder'. I can't see those plaitted handles on their own fitting over the shoulder at all?

I'm pretty sure that Flossie has this, hopefully she'll be along soon to comment.

I think that refers to the plaited straps as the description is the same on all the Somerset shoppers.

Flossie, I think the dimensions are the same on all 3 bags.

How strange.... the detachable strap trend has caught on :roflmfao:

Right I've just measured mine and it measures 50 cm width when it is totally flat .Mine is very smooshy. The handle drop is 23cm . Like I said I can fit mine over my shoulder with a winter coat on..

Right I've just measured mine and it measures 50 cm width when it is totally flat .Mine is very smooshy. The handle drop is 23cm . Like I said I can fit mine over my shoulder with a winter coat on..

Wow, that's huge :tup:

Flossie, could you do me a favour and take a quick look at the oak Somerset shopper I posted on the Authenticate thread? Jazzy thought the photos were too soft-focus to tell but, as you've got one of these bags, perhaps something might jump out at you.

My friend really wants one and she's too impatient to wait for the outlet :rolleyes::lol:

Ok I've taken a look . The bag is identical to mine but mine is choco . The colour tho , not sure as when I got mine , the oak was slightly paler . The one on Ebay , looks almost like darwin leather and it certainly didn't look like that to me IRL or I would have gone for that colourway . As Jazzyjay say's maybe its the lighting???

Ok I've taken a look . The bag is identical to mine but mine is choco . The colour tho , not sure as when I got mine , the oak was slightly paler . The one on Ebay , looks almost like darwin leather and it certainly didn't look like that to me IRL or I would have gone for that colourway . As Jazzyjay say's maybe its the lighting???

Thanks, Flossie. It's so hard with eBay, isn't it?

I saw this bag today. Flossie was right (as ever!) that the bag in the photo I posted is smaller than the regular Somerset Shopper. The putty bag is the North South Somerset :nuts: It also comes in chocolate with the strap and is really lovely. Definitely not as big as the Somerset Shopper, though.

I also saw the Jody Shopper in Sevillle and it's my new lust. It's gorgeous :heart: I was showing it to DH last night from the website and he said "oh, you should get that..... if you don't already have a bag" :rolleyes: I told him that I don't have an orange bag but it fell on deaf ears :lol: