Someone told me never go with “Hermes in Black”...!

Hmmm.... this is actually a rather difficult question to answer. I think it depends on your personal style, comfort level, wardrobe and circumstances. I used to wear mostly neutral clothes so I SO'ed a Thalassa blue Birkin. I adore the amazing array of colors Hermes comes up with.

Now that I'm a SAHM, I've discarded my corporate wardrobe and decided to explore with colors - buying dresses in myriad of shades :P which of course, made it difficult to match with my equally colorful bags. I've decided that my next bag will be black.

Why not ??
Especially since we all wear black abayas in this region... Gooleelha ma3ndch salfa loool.. Its the most guarenteed colour that won't change from the abaya for like forever .
Black is a BASIC colour . It goes with everything.

I'm one of those people who love color but end up wearing mostly black anyway to the consternation of others.

I hear all this talk about getting H bags in color because H does such fantastic colors - true to an extent. But that means getting colors that make you feel as comfortable using as a black bag bag.

For my lifestyle and limited budgets, I need to get a black bag first. I didn't do that and had to retrace some original steps, a.k.a. selling the first H bought out of anxiety. God knows that I'm not a Vert Anis person, but I bought it anyway just to try something new... kind of an expensive experiment if you ask me.

I love bright colors but rarely wear them. H Colors that I will use are mostly dark rich croc colors: BJ, Black, Fauve, Ficelle/Beige Rose, Bleu Saphir, Raisin, Rouge H, Emeraude. Not much else I feel comfortable with using on a daily basis.
There is a point to this post ;) Know thyself and most importantly know thyself in relation to H, because if you don't, it's easy to make decisions that will have some financial consequences :P:yes:

So true!:yes:

I think the OP's friend could simply be saying that the majority of people go with black (as evidenced here) so...be different and pick a color. Obviously, everyone should go with what they like best but I do sometimes feel like black is too safe of a choice, H bags shine in a fun color. Having said that, I have ended up choosing neutrals for a lot of the reasons described here, and my next bag will be black...