Someone talk me into a HH drawstring bag. :) Sorry it's long...

tmthit

~Heidi~
Mar 16, 2009
First of all...I've been a lurker here for years...lol! I feel like I "know" a lot of you HHotties, but you don't know me. I've just never been a big poster and part of that is due to other boards I frequent for one and for two HH was really losing its appeal to me with new lines like Disney and the CS issues. :sad: However, I just LOVE the "classic" stuff so much and am SO HAPPY they are making changes!!!!

My name is Heidi...I live in the midwest (where I thought I was the only HHottie around, but actually saw a lady this summer carrying a TROPHY across the street from my house!!! Hello! Can you say small town?!! WOW!). I work as a RN in surgery, so I don't show off my bags like I used to because I go to work and go home. :nuts: But when I do shop or go out or even at work, I get TONS of compliments on my bags and most recently my Staci. I buy a lot on the Bon and eBay as the last time I bought directly from HH...I got a bunch of the STINKY bags and they have never aired out! I was done after that sadly. Nothing like trying to carry a skunky bag. :tdown:

Sorry for the long drawn out post...but just feel I kinda jumped on here and started posting this week and realized I've been around for awhile, but no one knows me. :shame:

So HI everyone!!

So anyway...talk me into a drawstring...lol! I've always shied away from them, but I usually will take a second or third look...then just move along.

Hey Heidi!!! Welcome! I have never been a huge fan of drawstings, so I might not be the best person to talk you into one. Is there one in particular you want? Wait, I had one for a second. I forgot! I had the Salina, but it was annoying me to get in and out of. I also like bags with pockets on the outside. I need quick and easy ways to access my stuff. If you keep going back to one, maybe you should try it?

Hey Heidi!!! Welcome! I have never been a huge fan of drawstings, so I might not be the best person to talk you into one. Is there one in particular you want? Wait, I had one for a second. I forgot! I had the Salina, but it was annoying me to get in and out of. I also like bags with pockets on the outside. I need quick and easy ways to access my stuff. If you keep going back to one, maybe you should try it?

Hi! And thanks!

I also want outside pockets. I was looking for a Selina actually but I thought it might be too small??? BUT I do just want something quick to grab and go with. Again...dragging my beloved Staci around, but she's starting to look pretty beat up and it's getting very hard to find another one (although I do have the painterly, but I really don't want that fabric to get stained or damaged, so I leave it in its bag).

I just need something that will fit my wallet, my Coach skinny mini, EOS lip balm, and sunglasses when I carry them...oh and cell phone and keys. AND it needs to fit into my locker at work...hence why I can't take my other beloved bag the Trophy into work.

Yeah, the salina is small. How about the Lorca? It has 2 little outside pockets. The turnlocks can be a little annoying, but it is such a great bag! I see pretty good deals on Ebay for Staci's. You have to stalk them though.

I have two Lorcas and have a couple in the past that I've rehomed. I want to love it, but I can't quite put my finger on WHY the Lorca isn't working for me. I just got a great deal on one on the Bon and it arrived and I still haven't carried it. I wish it were a little longer and had a crossbody option have been reasons I tell myself it might work better for me.

Thanks!

Red and Painterly. Hoping to find a Black and a Yam. I like the VCP too...thinking that might hold up well to the elements, spills, etc. The red one has not sadly.

Welcome Heidi. I'm in the Midwest too!:biggrin:

I have a Saddle Salina, but I have yet to use it. I normally carry big bags because I carry my life with me!!(literally and figuratively!!:P) It is super soft though.

I want to use it to see if I like it for small outings, but I haven't had much of an opportunity to do so lately. I usually end up taking a Lorca for going out. I'm going to have to remember to try the Salina the next time.
My dd like drawstring bags, so I have a feeling it is going to end up on her arm at some point!!

Thanks!

Red and Painterly. Hoping to find a Black and a Yam. I like the VCP too...thinking that might hold up well to the elements, spills, etc. The red one has not sadly.

I have the painterly and it has held up nicely. I would think little stains will blend since it is so colorful. You should use it more. The VCP would be perfect for you. I LOVE VCP. It can take a beating and still look perfect. One of my fav HH leathers.

I love re-engineering things to make them more functional! The strap from the Marcel turns the VCP Lorca into a great cross-body bag! The strap is plenty long on its own because the rings are closer to the top of the bag on the Lorca (than on the Marcel). I remove the wide strap on the Lorca and run the narrow bits down the sides (as you would when turning the Lorca into a clutch). The relatively flat profile of the Lorca makes it a perfect candidate for a cross-body bag. Easier to deal with the turnlock too when the bag is lower on the body. Would a Staci strap work the same way? Or perhaps one of the non-HH straps available on EBay/Bon.

P.S. Were your stinky bags the moldy canvas totes or something else?

HI! I'm an RN too - I live near Vancouver BC and I work in nursing education at a bunch of diff places. Possible too many - I'm currently scheduled for 64 hours of work next week.

Drawstrings - or any bag with an open/semi-open top - don't work for me because I live in a rainforest.

And VCP is a wonderful leather - as is the Khaki patent and yam shine - for rainy times.

Welcome Heidi!

I don't like drawstrings - I prefer something that I can close up better for security.
I think the hotties will give you lots of great advice about bags. Is the Conrad too big for your locker? The only thing about mr conrad is that he can be heavy.