someone stop me from buying anything

Hang in there Hifinn. Its difficult when someone is in hospital because we have to hand over control to the professionals and we feel there is nothing we can do to influence the situation. Stay positive. Talk to your dad as often as you need. Do something effective but low stress at work or home (your expenses? that pile of filing you have ignored? reorganising your wardrobe?)

Hope your dad gets well really soon!

hlfinn I hope things go OK with your dad. The waiting and the uncertainty is often the worst part (I say this having been on both ends of that equation--).
I like DQ's Sephora idea, and was going to say what shoes319 already said--go and wear one of those fabulous pairs of new shoes!!

H, relieved to hear that your dad is OK!!
I agree with the others here who suggest a card or gift for him. I also think you need to take care of you, too!

Something nice for yourself that is not necessarily a "thing."

A long walk, a massage, some gourmet tea or coffee (and dont buy an H cup and saucer to drink it out of!)....

take care hon!!!

:heart:

HF - glad your dad is doing good.

Send him a card is a GREAT IDEA. Also, when I'm feeling down, I go get some trashy or fashion magazines and watch a chick flick in bed to get a good LAUGH! A massage would be nice, I REALLY NEED ONE, too!:yes:

Glad you dad is okay.

I really liked some of the suggestions in this posting. The lipstick one is brilliant. It satisifies the "fix."

You mentioned buying a scarf. If you can, take the money you would have spent on the scarf and put it in the Kelly fund. Open an account on ING or something similar. You can name it the Kelly Bag fund or something similar. Put a little in at time, particularly when you get the urge to splurge on something you don't REALLY want as much as that Kelly. When you you do get that Kelly (and you will) part of the joy will be the saving for it and achieving that goal. With product cycles being so short these days, it is nice that there are still some things you can save up for (like Hermes bags).

Good luck!

So glad your dad is ok H!!! I second (third, fourth?) the lipstick/cosmetics idea. I just bought a new one from MAC when I needed a little pick me up and I love it! (Slimshine Lipstick):heart: