someone stop me from buying anything

ooh something for my dad seems good or a lipstick. though i just bought one. in full disclosure i did get my niece and friend bday gifts (omg i am SO excited about my friend's gift. i always tell her how fancy she is so i got a necklace that says fancy) but still.... i should do actual work instead of trolling ebay.

I agree with others about taking time to appreciate something you bought already and go for a walk with it--and buy a card for your Dad and write to him about how much you care. I hope everthing works out well.

Sorry to hear your dad is in the hospital. I hope everything comes out okay for him. That sucks.

I suggest you go shopping...IN YOUR CLOSET!
Go in your closet and force yourself to find something new to do with something you have but haven't worn much. If you are at work, do what I do sometimes, go shopping online, put stuff in carts and DON'T CLICK the buy button. It sort of fufils the hunt and gather without having to spend any money. Good luck.

Oh, H, I hope your father is doing better. The same thing happened to me last year when my mother was admitted to hospital (actually, she was rushed to the ER three times). Is there anyone to whom you can delegate holding down the fort while you see your father? Is there a phone in his room, and can you call each other? If you can't make it to the hospital, perhaps hearing each other over the phone will be a comfort to both of you. ??

I don't have any suggestions... well, except one. If you feel you need to get something to expend a little nervous energy, maybe you can do what I did. I bought a small sketch pad and colored pencils and drew to distraction -- anything that came to mind, even if it was an awful drawing - the quality didn't matter, but it made my mind focus on something else for a while. You could take up pencil and paper and come up with some Dream Scarf designs, perhaps? Just a thought.

I hope it gets better!

This sounds silly, but start a stash TODAY! Get a jar or a box or an envelope and go in your wallet and pull out $10...stick it in the stash. It is the beginning!!! Pay yourself first every week towards your kelly. $5, $10, $20...whatever you can. IT WILL GROW! On days where you feel as you do now...stick a dollar in as well. Try it...it may help you. Oh, and print a color pick of your favorite bag and attach it to the stash fund. NEVER OPEN THE STASH UNTIL YOU NEED TO COUNT IT (to turn it into larger bills or to deposit at the bank)!!!!

This sounds silly, but start a stash TODAY! Get a jar or a box or an envelope and go in your wallet and pull out $10...stick it in the stash. It is the beginning!!! Pay yourself first every week towards your kelly. $5, $10, $20...whatever you can. IT WILL GROW! On days where you feel as you do now...stick a dollar in as well. Try it...it may help you. Oh, and print a color pick of your favorite bag and attach it to the stash fund. NEVER OPEN THE STASH UNTIL YOU NEED TO COUNT IT (to turn it into larger bills or to deposit at the bank)!!!!

This isn't silly at all! Great idea, KB! My next suggestion would have been to open up a time deposit like a CD account towards an H bag - the paperwork-filling could at least be a little distraction that would lead to something fruitful in the end.

Well................as much as I'd LOVE to enable you, H, I'm going to do just the opposite. For a couple of reasons.

First, buying something when you are depressed USUALLY results in buying the wrong thing. Been there, done that. So, the first thing is DON'T BUY ANYTHING TODAY! Instead, do a little something for yourself that you enjoy.......browsing in the bookstore for example. Taking a long, hot bubble bath, meeting friends for a glass of wine after work, a movie....anything BUT buying Hermes.

Second, keep your Kelly vision in mind. I think you said something at one point about wanting a Kelly.......keep the picture of your perfect kelly right in the forefront of your mind. Tell yourself you will not buy impulsively because you are waiting/saving/searching for your perfect Kelly.

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

HERE HERE! I SECOND THAT!!!!!

oh seriously i'm not even thinking about getting a kelly or any other hermes bag right now. i just bought 2 chanels and i thought long and hard about it and at this point in my life owning a bag that's like 1/6 of my salary (i exaggerate but not by much) is just silly for me. i would love a hermes bag but as i have said before, i don't think i have earned it in my life yet. i got to tangled up in wanting that i forgot all about feeling, kwim?

guccigal- omg if i hadn't jus gorged on mcdonalds i would totally do that. oh wait, same idea. lol.

i can't go visit, if he wa sin the city i would but he's wayyyyyy out on li. like an hour and a half by train minimum then to get from the station to the hospital. he will probably be leaving before i even got there. i did talk to him which was good. my brother said he was relieved i wasn't there. but he may have been lying.

thanks for the good thoughts everyone. i thought i was calm this morning but i guess not...