Someone stole my photos!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi guys, I need your advice.

I posted my blue Boy WOC for sale on eBay, and a couple of days ago, a really nice woman wrote to me to tell me that somebody was using my photos for a fraudulent sale listing on Postmark. She even sent the photos, and sure enough, there was my bag on my bedspread! I'm creeped out by the whole entire thing.

I'm not at all familiar with Poshmark. What should I do? If nothing else, I want to warn you guys about the existence of such dishonest sellers!

2. I would email Posh mark and let them know that listing is fraudulent. This is why everyone needs to watermark their photos! That is totally creepy but unfortunately too common.

3. File a report. https://poshmark.com/contact

To report copyright issues:
    Email us at
    copyright@poshmark.com

Be specific about where your pictures were stolen from, show links to past listings on ebay, if applicable, show other listings with the same backgrounds and photographing style, etc .

You can also file a DMCA complaint (and send to the same email address as above. I guarantee this will get action. It's a legal document and they MUST remove the listing.

The following is a complaint I filed when a seller on PM stole my pictures. The PM seller's listing was removed within 24 hours.)

Fill in the blanks with the appropriate information:
    -----------------------------------------------
    To: Copyright@poshmark.com
    Reference this poshmark listing:
    Seller: (paste seller ID)
    Link to seller's listing: (paste URL link to listing)
    The image(s) of (description) was/were used without my authorization and was/were taken from my listing(s) on (website where stolen from).

Dear Poshmark:
    I, the undersigned, state under penalty of perjury that:
    - I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner of certain intellectual property rights ("IP Owner");
    - I have a good faith belief that the listings identified in the addendum attached hereto offer items or contain
    materials that are not authorized by the IP Owner, its agent, or the
    law; and
    - Please act expeditiously to remove the listings identified in the addendum.
    "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material or reference or link to such material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)." "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."

I may be contacted at (* required):
    Name of IP Owner*:(fill in the blank)
    Name and title*: (fill in the blank)
    Company:
    Address*: (fill in the blank)
    City, State, and Zip*: (fill in the blank)
    Email address* (to be given to sellers): (your email address)
    Telephone*: (fill in the blank)
    Fax:

Truthfully,
    /S/: (your name - this is your electronic signature)

Infringing material: (link to seller's PM listing)
    Seller (seller ID)
    Source of images-- (post link(s) to your listings below from which the pictures were stolen)
    Listing item number and link: (fill in the blank)
    Listing item number and link: (fill in the blank)

Please remove the infringing listing(s).
    Thank you.
    (Your name)

4. Thank you!! I will report this seller. Disgusting!

5. #5 Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
    Did the Poshmark picture thief seller remove/end her listing? I didn't see the listing with the stolen pictures.

6. The woman who told me about it showed me the photos, but when I went to Poshmark, I couldn't find the listing. She said she thinks someone "bought" or "traded" the bag! She said what happens is, the seller sends an empty box after the trader ships her bag. So disgusting.

I'm told her name is Anne Metter and that she has two Poshmark names. One is Egypt Melissa and the other is chanellover11.

7. Ah!! Found it. She still has it listed. (And she has another ID, shoppaholiclove.)
    https://poshmark.com/listing/Authentic-Chanel-woc-5771efe06d64bc5f7701d5ac

Note that she may not be sending an empty box. Picture thieves don't usually steal pictures to send an empty box. What they do is steal pictures of something they think is similar to what they have so what the buyer sees isn't going to be what the buyer will receive.
    REPORT now that you have the link to the listing!

Now THIS is funny!! The seller who stole your pictures, chanellover11, posted a "scammer warning" listing in which someone else called her (chanellover11) out!
    https://poshmark.com/listing/GLADYS05111975-SCAMMER-WARNING-577453a16d64bc64190051d7

SweetDaisy05 likes this.
  8. It looks like she sold it again. Or maybe my report worked. All I know is, the whole thing is creepy!

9. I don't know if Poshmark does this but Tradesy actually has a very alarmingly high tolerance for photo theft. It helps the site with traffic the more items they have. It's why I don't authenticate Tradesy Chanel listings.

10. You can download free apps where you can make watermarks on photos. I use this method whenever I sell my bags online. It assures the buyer that they are my items and deters others from stealing photos.

Good luck and take care!