Someone stole my amazon package!!!

Jan 16, 2009
I bought an $$ camera from amazon early december and had to ask for replacement cuz the first one was slightly damaged. They told me they had to charge me a second time and would reverse the charge after I returned the first one. I was waiting ALL this time cuz he never told me when it would arrive and I figured it was taking awhile cuz of the holidays.

Since its almost Xmas, I decided to go on amazon to see what was going on and apparently it was delivered at my front door! ^|&euro;||*<?&euro;+|,?!?'**!?! So upset!

Called them immediately to see how it could be resolved and was put on hold for hour, only for call to be disconnected. So now I have two charges on my card and only one camera. Aughhh!!!!!!

I'm convinced it was the delivery cuz we live in a pretty secure building and we know all our neighbors and no ones ever had issues w packages.

I just hope I can get the charges reversed and return the damaged camera :sad:

Anyone have any experience similar to this w amazon?

Your story doesn't make sense to me. Normally when you do an exchange on Amazon for a defective product, they immediately have you print out the shipping label for returning the defective item. They will also email you a new tracking number for the replacement device. They do not charge you for the replacement UNLESS your return item (using their tracking label) is not returned to them within 30 days.

Did you do something different? It sounds like you held onto the defective item and haven't shipped it back yet? They should not have charged you for the replacement camera when they shipped it--they only charge you if you didn't return the defective item within 30 days.

Have you contacted them again since your first phone call was disconnected? Amazon has the nice feature where they will call you, so there's no wait time.

I had a package go missing, and when I contacted Amazon by e-mail, I got a response that said looks like your package has been lost, a replacement will be sent out shortly. A few days later, the original package showed up (mailman delivered it to the wrong address), so I cancelled the replacement. But that was a low $$ item.

Morisa said:
Your story doesn't make sense to me. Normally when you do an exchange on Amazon for a defective product, they immediately have you print out the shipping label for returning the defective item. They will also email you a new tracking number for the replacement device. They do not charge you for the replacement UNLESS your return item (using their tracking label) is not returned to them within 30 days.

Did you do something different? It sounds like you held onto the defective item and haven't shipped it back yet? They should not have charged you for the replacement camera when they shipped it--they only charge you if you didn't return the defective item within 30 days.

Have you contacted them again since your first phone call was disconnected? Amazon has the nice feature where they will call you, so there's no wait time.

That wasnt what happened. I've never done this before so I'm new to it and didn't know how it works. The customer rep told me he'd charge me for a new one and will send a shipping label in THAT box and once I receive it, I can ship out the old one and he would refund the $ once I returned the old one :sad:. It made sense at the time.

I got an email w a confirmation of the 2nd order placed w tracking number, but I was so busy/preoccupied that I didn't have time to check or would forget. I've never had any problems w amazon b4.

I didn't call back cuz it was already late... Like 1 am? I'm going to try again today. Thanks. :sad:(

That wasnt what happened. I've never done this before so I'm new to it and didn't know how it works. The customer rep told me he'd charge me for a new one and will send a shipping label in THAT box and once I receive it, I can ship out the old one and he would refund the $ once I returned the old one :sad:. It made sense at the time.

I got an email w a confirmation of the 2nd order placed w tracking number, but I was so busy/preoccupied that I didn't have time to check or would forget. I've never had any problems w amazon b4.

I didn't call back cuz it was already late... Like 1 am? I'm going to try again today. Thanks. :sad:(

Assuming you bought the item through Amazon (i.e. Amazon was the seller and not some third-party), you should be able to log into your account and click on "Returns" and it will ask you which order you want to return. You follow the steps on-screen and print your own label. No idea why the rep didn't tell you just to follow that procedure, but it sounds like you need to be talking to them again on the phone to get this cleared up. Good luck.

Ugh i also had an Amazon order disappear, but it wasn't an item purchased from Amazon themselves but rather a seller from the site, according to the tracking the item had been 'delivered' and had been 'left in a safe place' with a person named 'Mandy' which makes no sense to me at all considering nobody of that name lives in my area and according to the delivery carrier then it is against their policies to leave items in safe places, luckily Amazon refunded my money on behalf of the seller when i was forced to open an A-Z guarantee claim but the things that make you go 'hmmmmm'

This sucks.. I dealt with this a couple of times this year. Amazon is good with replacing items.
What you can do .. is what I did.. make your address a signature only address.. meaning you or someone else has to be there to sign for it.

Thnx all for all the advice n suggestions! Finally talked to amazon again today n got a diff rep n he IMMEDIATELY resolved everything!

He refunded my $ back, placed a free replacement order for a new camera and emailed a pre-paid shipping label to me all under 10 minutes, which makes me wonder why I was put on hold for 1 hr last night !!! Augh! Whatever... I'm just happy I got it resolved and hopefully I get it this time.

Merry Xmas everyone! :smile: