someone reported by ebay listing

KK said:
I wonder what happens to the one who reported Amanda. Now that ebay knows it's authentic, I wonder if they will follow up with this person.

i don't think they necessarily know it's authentic, ebay doesn't have a clue about authenticity. what they need to do is hire a bag expert and have them just pull auctions all day long. i'd do it for a decent salary, lol. i mean, seriously, i could do the entire chloe category in half an hour. there are maybe three or four paddys up that i'm not sure about, and i think those should be left, but it's really not that hard. but they don't want the fake bags off - they make a fortune on the sale of them, and until a court throws the book at ebay for profiting on the sale of illegal goods, they won't do anything more about it. they argue that they are taking reasonable steps to combat conterfeit goods, and someone that doesn't know bags might agree (like a judge, for instance), but they could easily do much more if they'd just go on the offensive and hire a couple of experts.

I once tried to sell a briefcase that I bought from Levenger on eBay. In fact, I had purchased it originally THROUGH eBay, and Levenger saw the auction and made eBay shut it down for trademark issues. It was MY bag, and Levenger was the actual maker...not a fake bag or anything like that. Once you buy an item from somewhere it is YOURS to do with as you please. It's called Doctrine of First Sale. Levenger doesn't want their used bags on eBay because if someone can buy a used bag in perfect condition, they won't buy one new from Levenger!

eBay is ridiculous. They are allowing fakes and screwing people over. I had a bidder when they cancelled my auction, and I am sure they would still have charged me. I ended up selling the bag to the bidder outside of eBay, and he was completely happy after I explained the situation to him. Screw eBay.

EBAY is getting really bad with that! i had one of my auctions ended for trademark infringement and had to go through faxing them my reciepts/tags and everything. it's such a hassle! and yet they allow awful fakes to go through and no penalties to those sellers!

This has happened to me too!!! It is really frustrating when you take all the time to list something, and they pull it without warning!! Especially frustrating when you see all the fakes listed as 100% Authentic. Sorry about that......

I ALWAYS report fakes (LV and CHANEL are the only brands I can really tell with ease), but I have yet to see a listing removed because of my complaint!:evil: So, my question is, WHY do they remove certain listing right away and some they just let go?:wacko: eBay is just wrong, IMO! It is fast becoming an iOFFER!:sick:

ugh.......ebay just removed my listing for my hermes scarf rings for the same reason which is retarded since i just bought them and have the receipt and everything and i'm just too lazy to return them (although i'll be doing so now......never attempting to sell anything on ebay again this is my first time and it sucked).........i think my competition was just pissed that i was offering them for substantially less than she was :evil:

And here we go again... :evil:

I was thinking - maybe this is too crazy - but why not get some "bag-freaks lawyers" like me :shame: and try to fight Ebay on this kind of matters... I'm so fed up with them, I don't post anymore and seldom buy because I cannot trust the products (ok, I check the my poupette, etc) and all the sites worldwide are full of F-A-K-E-S (you should visit the Spanish one and have fun with LV... never seen so many cheap fakes in my life!!! :sick: and they are there for ages and nobody does anything - hello, calling LV high-paid-super-expensive IP lawyers!!!-

Oh, well, just my 2 cents... :biggrin:

I believe you. I have had my seller account for years and haven't ever sold anything fake or even listed a fake item period. So I go to sell some of my bags that I haven't carried for some time and Ebay says only 3 at a time because of all the fakes they have out there. Okay I can handle that, thinking they are trying to curb the fakes.

Not so though because I have seen so many crude fakes out there that are so blatent and my bags are so real, reciept, everything real, tons of pictures, the real deal! I saw a buyer buy a fake that I turned into Ebay. They did nothing about it and 4 days later it sold to this poor buyer for over $900. It wasn't worth 20. It was so blatantly fake and they just have these fake bidders that bid up the price and make the uniformed buyer think it must be real since there are so many bids. But these bidders have only 1 - 10 feedbacks. It is really getting so bad. I see that everyone is afraid to buy on Ebay because of all the fakes but where are the experts that can tell a fake from a real and why are they not working for EBAY! I can spot them because I buy the real deal bags and use them and know the difference. I am a bagaholic~!

Okay, now for the next gripe. I just got a message from a very nice concerned person on Ebay that told me that someone was using my pictures from a bag I was selling. I looked it up and yes indeedy. One of my pictures, even the one that was my lead pic, that I took with my own camera on my own authentic LV bag was on someone elses listing. I am so upset I can't even type right or spell right, right now. The people who do that should be fined!!:cursing: People on Ebay, buyers and sellers need to do their homework. I feel for the buyers that don't but I always send my prospective buyers to this forum to do some homework to know and find out the real from the fake.

Thanks to this forum for helping out with the EBAY swath of Fakes.:boxing:

yes, I had this happen to me a few times. After a while, I noticed that my listings always get pulled when a particular seller has the exact same thing for sale. I suspect that the seller is playing dirty but I've no concrete proof. And all my items are authentic, bought directly from the boutiques and I still have my original receipts, but still ebay pulled them. I think all that seller needed to do is set up a few ebay accounts, and use them to report my auctions. crappy and underhanded, but such things do happen.

I believe you. I have had my seller account for years and haven't ever sold anything fake or even listed a fake item period. So I go to sell some of my bags that I haven't carried for some time and Ebay says only 3 at a time because of all the fakes they have out there. Okay I can handle that, thinking they are trying to curb the fakes.

Not so though because I have seen so many crude fakes out there that are so blatent and my bags are so real, reciept, everything real, tons of pictures, the real deal! I saw a buyer buy a fake that I turned into Ebay. They did nothing about it and 4 days later it sold to this poor buyer for over $900. It wasn't worth 20. It was so blatantly fake and they just have these fake bidders that bid up the price and make the uniformed buyer think it must be real since there are so many bids. But these bidders have only 1 - 10 feedbacks. It is really getting so bad. I see that everyone is afraid to buy on Ebay because of all the fakes but where are the experts that can tell a fake from a real and why are they not working for EBAY! I can spot them because I buy the real deal bags and use them and know the difference. I am a bagaholic~!

Okay, now for the next gripe. I just got a message from a very nice concerned person on Ebay that told me that someone was using my pictures from a bag I was selling. I looked it up and yes indeedy. One of my pictures, even the one that was my lead pic, that I took with my own camera on my own authentic LV bag was on someone elses listing. I am so upset I can't even type right or spell right, right now. The people who do that should be fined!!:cursing: People on Ebay, buyers and sellers need to do their homework. I feel for the buyers that don't but I always send my prospective buyers to this forum to do some homework to know and find out the real from the fake.

Thanks to this forum for helping out with the EBAY swath of Fakes.:boxing:

You can report it to ebay (stolen pics). If you'd watermarked your pics, ebay will pull the auction really quickly. But if not, then I'm afraid ebay will not do anything.