Someone got a measuring tape and a Nikki?

RaquelleBelle

*Bags*Charms*Toys*
Jul 5, 2008
Hey guys,

I KNOW the measurements for the Nikki is on RM's website, but can someone pretty please just measure the length of their Nikki's strap from leather end to leather end? I want to be sure a MN strap was not accidentally put onto my regular sized N.

I recently discovered I may not be much of a Nikki girl, due to the fact the Nikki does not wear on my shoulder like I was expecting it to. If the strap was just an inch or two longer, I think it would do wonders for me! I wish it was a bit farther down from my armpit or something. The gap between the top of the bag and the handle, well, the opening just isn't as big as I'd thought it would be.

I love the way it hugs the body on others, but I don't know if I like the look of it on me. I'm totally a hobo girl too, usually prefering hobos to speedy-esque doctor-type satchel bags, but in this case I don't know! I looooove my Morning After Bags though, I like showing them off in the crook of my arm. ;o) I'm sure you girls of all people understand, us handbag crazies lol!

Anyone else try a Nikki and feel the same way? I sort of feel bizarre for feeling this way, as the Nikki is so smooshy-pretty and looks so good in all of your guys' mod shots!!!

Thanks for that, guys!

Phew, I feel so much better knowing my strap is perfectly fine. (but I guess I don't feel better knowing it's not my strap, just me.)

I think the issue is just that the leather on my bag is stiff and it doesn't like "fold over" very easily. It doesn't want to give under my arm, kwim? Plus I have chubby arms...lol.

So now I guess my only dilemma is whether I put books in it and hang it to smooshify the leather, or if I should just keep it pristine and new to possibly sell down the road, since I still don't know if I appreciate the look of the Nikki on me.

Thanks girlies for the help, it is much appreciated!

I have found that the Nikki varies soooo much from bag to bag depending on the leather. I will only buy smooshier Nikkis that easily fold over from the first day I use it. No matter how much I may love a certain color (Wine), if it's stiff, forget it...it's not for me. And I just don't have the patience for a lengthy break-in period, plus I switch out my bags too often.

Isn't the Mint a stiffer leather? Is that the Nikki you're referring to? If so, don't give up, get a super smooshy Nikki and you'll be in love!! :love:

Is the Mint your only Nikki?? Maybe you should try a Nikki that's lambskin. My Wine and Dark Grey Nikkis really needed to be broken in, but the lambskin really smooshes right away. . . just a thought!

Thanks for that, guys!

Phew, I feel so much better knowing my strap is perfectly fine. (but I guess I don't feel better knowing it's not my strap, just me.)

I think the issue is just that the leather on my bag is stiff and it doesn't like "fold over" very easily. It doesn't want to give under my arm, kwim? Plus I have chubby arms...lol.

So now I guess my only dilemma is whether I put books in it and hang it to smooshify the leather, or if I should just keep it pristine and new to possibly sell down the road, since I still don't know if I appreciate the look of the Nikki on me.

Thanks girlies for the help, it is much appreciated!

Why don't you think about it for a week or so and then see how you feel about it. Sometimes when I'm not sure about a bag I find if I just hold onto it and think about what i really want i can come to a decision. Is there another nikki that you'd like better or are you thinking of just getting rid of the nikki?

Aww, you all are so sweet & helpful. *sigh* I love my tPF family.

Yes, my mint Nikki is the Nikki I am referring to. And yup, it is my only Nikki. And yes, the mint leather (sans a few smooshy ones from LB) is quite stiff.

As for if there's another Nikki I want more, no, not really. I just know I love the color of mint, so if I were to give her a new home it would probably only be if I could eventually find another mint bag, whether it be MAM, MAMM or maybe even a MAC. I don't own any MAMMs or MACs yet.

I'm not going to do anything hasty so no worries there, I definately have all the time in the world to sit on it if need be. All I know is the mint leather is one of my favorite RM colors and I feel like I have to have a "sprig of mint" within my collection no matter what, lol.

I would just hate to try and break her in and it seriously just never feels "right" on me. I dunno, I just don't think I look cute like you girls do wearing your Nikkis! I would post a mod shot if I weren't so dang camera shy. I hide when photos are taken, but mostly I just make sure I am always the person taking the photos!

A Mint mini mini is what you need! Now in that bag the stiffer leather is a plus IMO! :tup: Not to beat a dead horse or anything....I know, too late. :btdh: But I have the Pool and Coral mini minis and one of the reasons I prefer the Coral is because it's just a bit stiffer and so the bag keeps it's shape better. A smooshy mini mini is not for me.

As for being camera shy...I swear, there are more photos of Bigfoot out there than there are of me!

But do think it over, there's nothing worse than getting rid of a bag and then regretting it!

IMO the bag that fits most comfortably on the shoulder right away is the Matinee.
But I wouldn't give up on your mint nikki...she just needs a bit of use and training! Folding over the flap is how you get the drop length you desire. For some leathers it just doesn't happen naturally.

A Mint mini mini is what you need! Now in that bag the stiffer leather is a plus IMO! :tup: Not to beat a dead horse or anything....I know, too late. :btdh: But I have the Pool and Coral mini minis and one of the reasons I prefer the Coral is because it's just a bit stiffer and so the bag keeps it's shape better. A smooshy mini mini is not for me.

As for being camera shy...I swear, there are more photos of Bigfoot out there than there are of me!

But do think it over, there's nothing worse than getting rid of a bag and then regretting it!

Ha ha, no worries, you beat that dead horse all you like!

I would LOVE a mint MAMM. ITA with you that stiffer leathers probably make the BEST mini-minis!!! Hence why it's in my siggy, for now.;) At first I thought the MAMM would be to small for me, but after seing all it can hold in pics and also the way she can be worn with her long strap it might actually be a really useful versatile little bag, esp. great for summer!

TxCoachGirlie- I've heard that from others too about the matinee!:nuts: Interesting, it's not what you'd expect, one would automatically think the nikki. Ofcourse I know opinion on this all varies greatly from minkette to minkette.