Someone convince me!

preppie girl

May 4, 2008
I really like the large Jolie tote with white handles and stirpes! When I showed my DH he just shrugged and said "it's ok". He has great taste, that's why I value his opinion. But my confidence in the bag seems to waver because of his opinion.

What do you think?

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Well I couldn't find it with white handles but I did find the bag with Gucci's signature web.

http://www.gucci.com/uk/search/searchresult.asp?CATEGORY_1393,CATEGORY_4201#0-991597-211970FTAVX9791

(I think its always good to show people the one you mean or at least near as)

I think it would make a stunning everyday bag. Like the Sukey this is a really popular model and I always see ladies going straight to this one when I'm in the store.

In this case I think your DH might be a little out numbered;)

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
It probably looks even more interesting with white trim. Both colour ways are classic and the price isn't too bad as it IS a classic

the only thing that you may ask yourself is are the straps going to be comfortable when the bag is quite full as they're not particularly thick.

You should try it on. Wear what you usually wear and ask to put a few of your things in it while in the shop

I always know better one I've seen it IRL.

Maybe you DH should see it IRL too. It really does look very much nicer when you get up close. But maybe he's not keen on monogram?

flipchickmc

Never Gucci-fied!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
Seattle, WA
I also value my DH's opinions on things that I buy. Sometimes things I think are cute or TDF, he thinks are butt ugly. LOL. But I always go with what I like even if it's against his opinion because it's what I'll be wearing and not him. The Jolie tote is a great bag, it's classic and will last you for many years.

aeonat

O.G.
Dec 13, 2007
A place calls Home
I think that tote is great!! heheh I like the black version more (since I am worry about getting the trim dirty).. but I see that white version on bluefly before.. If i am you, I will get it, if you really like it.. just as flipchickmc said.. you are the one who carry it.. you have to feel good while using it heheh

mlt1230

Bag Addict!!!
Jul 19, 2009
New Jersey
I really like that tote. I think in time, I will get one in black. The white sounds unique. I like the idea of white handles. White always stands out. I think anyway.