Someone brought a fake COACH into the store while I was there!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I was picking up my Floral Sophia and crimson wallet today at the FP boutique and chatting with my fave SA. I see two ladies walk in and one is holding what appears to be a Siggy Carly. Only, it was a bad, bad fake. Like, I am no expert, but I could see from across the store that it wasn't a Coach. Wrong color, wrong fabric, etc. My SA goes over to ask them what they need and they wanted to exchange the fake Coach for something else. :rolleyes:

The SA was trying to be so nice and quiet and explain why that couldn't happen, but these ladies were MAD! They raised their voices and demanded to see the manager and were so upset! My SA (assistant manager) was so nice and explained the difference in the fabrics, giving them the a real Coach to hold and feel. They were having none of it! :nogood:

I had to leave and they were still there, arguing. It was very uncomfortable! Yikes! They bought this bag at a purse party and apparently thought it was real?! I thought everyone knew the purses at those parties were fake...ugh.

2. I didn't know purses at those parties were fake until I bought one, came here, and asked. LOL

Either way, though, I wouldn't be trying to return something I bought SOMEWHERE ELSE to a Coach store. Meh.

I'd of stayed and watched though. *whistle*

3. Seriously, what nerve. Sounds like they wanted to get the Carly recall credit. Stupid! I had a Foach from my friend who had an over seas job in the Philippines and I felt ridiculous carrying it anywhere b/c it's so bad. It's been in my closet ever since b/c I don't know what to do with it! (Any ideas?? I just asked on the Fake Coach thread but no answer!) I would never walk into FP with it!!! Again, what nerve!!!

4. Some people are just clueless and work hard at staying that way. Pass the beer nuts.

5. LOL! How embarrassing! But I agree I would not have brought it back to the Coach store if I didn't buy it from a Coach store or authorized dealer. They definitely had no business getting angry with the SA and causing a scene. At the very least, they should have just quietly left the store when they were told they had bought a fake.

6. You could give it to Good Will but do you really want it out on the streets? I would just throw it out.

7. That's what I was thinking- Since it's wrong to sell them and it's taking up room in my closet and I don't want to pack it to move.

8. #8 Sep 24, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
    You can send your fake bags to Harper's Bazaar. I'm not sure how many people are aware that they collect fake bags and help educate others.

Fakes Are Never In Fashion

Send your counterfeit items, include an 8 1/2” x 11” sheet of paper with your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address to:

Harper’s Bazaar
    Attn: Fakes Are Never In Fashion
    300 West 57th Street
    New York, NY 10019

P.S. I'm not in any way affiliated with Harper's.. I did a design/research project on fake luxury bags and this was one of my sources. : )

9. This happened when I was in LV once too. They were trying to get the bag repaired. And the funny thing was it was a young girl and apparently her mom knew it was a fake and told her and she didn't believe her. Her mom wanted to teach her a lesson. Whew! What a lesson

10. Wow!! I can't believe that they were trying to exchange a fake! That's insane. And then instead of realizing their mistake they get mad at the SA? Geez. People.

I was at Coach today and someone carried in a fake! My SA and I just looked at each other. It was such an obvious fake too. It was a bag shape that has never been made by them with weird patches of ugly fabric. Ick. This lady actually ended up buying a Kristin satchel! She kept saying it was for her sister though. She kept asking her SA about the return policy, what would happen if her sister didn't like it. It seemed kind of strange the way she kept asking but maybe she just wanted to make sure she understood before she paid for it.

11. I don't know exactly how purse parties work, but these ladies believed that even if you bought it from one of these parties, you could exchange it at Coach. They kept repeating that the person who sold it to them said it was 100% authentic and backed by Coach's guarantee. I guess if someone will sell fakes, they probably don't mind lying about a lot of things. :sad:

But you shouldn't get all huffy with the SA, you should be going after the thief that sold you that fake purse!! :nono:

12. I agree!

13. Thanks for the link, I had no idea that fake goods are usually made with child labor, how awful! The story about those kids whose legs were broken and they were forced to make fake bags is heart-wrenching! People need to learn this is not a victimless crime...

14. I've seen people carry fake Coach into the outlet (I don't go that often to the FP store, and when I do, there is hardly anybody in there). I think some people are either unaware or do not care about carrying fakes.

15. I work with people who absolutely do not get that the bags they buy out of the trunk of someone's car or at the hair salon are different from the ones I have. Now, I would never say something to them, but I have been asked where I got something and when I've said Dillard's or Coach store, I can tell that they think I've been taken.

But to try to get an exchange? Yeesh!