Someone bought my Authentic Gucci and now tells me it's fake???

TOTAL bait and switch don't go down like that!

Yeah...I'm totally starting to really think this (more than I did before) now. My friend has a Beige one, same style same everything as this girl claims to have, called her up and hers looks the EXACT same as mine (not as my buyer/winner described)...and she bought it at Gucci Manhasset itself (not a Saks Gucci)...so unless everyone's lying to us....not right, makes no sense. I was scared, confused frightened Saks did something wrong before, etc...now I'm just angry and getting into fighting mode because I think I am being played or attempted at being played. On that bag....the stuff she desribes..doesn't exsist?!?! At least I highly don;t think...I' NOT a Gucci expert but...still.

I sent her a note saying to give me Manager names and #'s at Gucci staores and Gucci Saks counters to speak to.

I guess everyone has to have a first Ebay horror story right..welcome to mine!

Last time I took something to Gucci, I was told the company policy is not to authenticate anymore. Unless she met a really nice SA willing to look at it, I'm thinking she didn't take the bag anywhere.

That's an excellent thought too and I'm glad you are telling me Gucci doesn't do this any longer. What's even weirder is...she got the bag about a week ago (I sent it insured return recipt post and saw she got it last Wed.) So, I emailed her and was like, I got the RR back, I see you got your bag Wed. awesome, enjoy it. I really like to keep in touch with my buyers and are happy when they get the stuff, track the shipping with them, etc. So then she writes back this (before the "it's not real" letter):

"Ok.. thanks for everything. I need to leave you feedback as well. The bag is in great condition and I am so excited to finally have it. Thanks :smile:"

Then the NEXT day, she write the "the bag is wrong, I got it checked email"...Why would you send that you are so happy and the next day that it's fake...when you had it for however long to boot. Things are just really not adding up now, cause one..if you took it to Gucci supposedly during that week, why would you not send me the letter where you think it's fake 1st. Also, you send me a note that you took it to Gucci and it isin't real..well, when did you do that, 3 am? I didn't know Gucci was open that late........

Yeah, somethings up now, I'm putting things together now and they aren't adding.

Thank you everyone for all your help with this, I'm appreciating it so much, anything else, keep 'em coming! :heart:3333.

SHE WROTE BACK...... can anuone tell me on how I should reply..and what if she takes an ACTUAL fake to Saks...what do I do then, how do I know she's actually taking the one I sold her?

"I am going to take the bag to Saks and then I will let you know. I am not going to do anything until then. The last thing that I want to do is leave you negative feedback or report it to be honest. Total last resort. I feel like you are an honest seller. This bag hasn't even come out of the dustbag because I am not wanting to even use it right now. I can't stand the thought of it being fake.

I will let you know what happens when I take it to Saks in the next few days... "

Please tell me how I should reply....I'm so scared she's gonna pull something with this now... :sad:

SHE WROTE BACK...... can anuone tell me on how I should reply..and what if she takes an ACTUAL fake to Saks...what do I do then, how do I know she's actually taking the one I sold her?

"I am going to take the bag to Saks and then I will let you know. I am not going to do anything until then. The last thing that I want to do is leave you negative feedback or report it to be honest. Total last resort. I feel like you are an honest seller. This bag hasn't even come out of the dustbag because I am not wanting to even use it right now. I can't stand the thought of it being fake.

I will let you know what happens when I take it to Saks in the next few days... "

Please tell me how I should reply....I'm so scared she's gonna pull something with this now... :sad:

I don't think you need to reply. It honestly sounds as though you called her bluff! :Push:

How did she pay? Clear out your paypal account now. did you use a security tag on the bag? I don't know anything about Gucci and if they authenticate or not. But didn't she say she already took it to Gucci and they said it was fake? Why does she need to do that again ask her! Ask her what the name of the person and location, phone # is that told her it was fake. Tell her to send you pictures of things she feels is fake about the bag. Keep communications open with her. I hope this is not a bait/switch for your sake. Also why would she wait several days if she feels it's fake? Wouldn't she want to get it cleared up quickly?

i guess you need to follow whatever your return policy is. it is kinda hard. as long as your conscience is clear then there is nothing to worry about.i'm sorry this is happening to you! my best wishes...

How did she pay? Clear out your paypal account now. did you use a security tag on the bag? I don't know anything about Gucci and if they authenticate or not. But didn't she say she already took it to Gucci and they said it was fake? Why does she need to do that again ask her! Ask her what the name of the person and location, phone # is that told her it was fake. Tell her to send you pictures of things she feels is fake about the bag. Keep communications open with her. I hope this is not a bait/switch for your sake. Also why would she wait several days if she feels it's fake? Wouldn't she want to get it cleared up quickly?

She paid Paypal and I will clear it now, nly has like $60 in it anyways, lol. I did not use a security tag, I am so new to Ebay and never thought of these thing but defiantely will now. All you say makes perfect sense. I will do all of this. Thank you so much for all your advice, cause yeah this all doesnt make sense!

Gayle,

Even if you did not actually use a security tag, I think it might be a good idea to mention that you put a secret seller's mark on the bag so that you are sure when you get a return that it's the same bag. Other people on tPF have had luck with this tactic in thwarting bait and switch-ers. We all know there isn't a mark, but the buyer doesn't know that!

Good luck!

She wrote back yet again and now it's My Poupette...........

"I checked out the site My Poupette. They are actually only an hour away from me so I am going to take the bag down there. It costs like 25. for a representative to authenticate the bag. i tried to make an appt. just now but left a message. I figured that would be better and to just pay the money rather then take it to Saks. I'll let you know what happens ok... have a good day"

I wrote her that I wanted the name and number of the Gucci store rep, I would like her to go to Saks as well and My Poupette, especially still Saks, because My Poupette authenticates but they still arent like actual sellers of Gucci, etc. (I think, I'm not sure).

Has My Poupette ever diagnosed terribly wrong, I heard some stuff like that? I told her also, how am I to be sure she is showing them the actual bag I sent her. I told her I would want her to go to Saks also as well. I also told her to give me the name and # of the rep. from My Poupette and saks, when she goes and if they can maybe take a picture to show me what's supposedly wrong with the bag. i also suggested she might wanna take her Beige Gucci along for comaprisons to these places.

this is ONE. COMPLETE. NIGHTMARE. :crybaby:

Gayle,

Even if you did not actually use a security tag, I think it might be a good idea to mention that you put a secret seller's mark on the bag so that you are sure when you get a return that it's the same bag. Other people on tPF have had luck with this tactic in thwarting bait and switch-ers. We all know there isn't a mark, but the buyer doesn't know that!

Good luck!

Yes, I do have a secert, small mark to identify my bag. I cannot believe this is happening, I have never been so stresses and frustrated in my entire life. I'm literally shaking now with what I'm being put through.