Someone bought an item from me to only leave neg. feedback

If you only buy, and not sell, you can still have private feedback. Sellers cannot have private feedback.

Wow! I didn't know that. So the minute that someone lists an auction, then "bam" their feedback is public? That's strange. I think that a buyers feedback is as important as a sellers. I have had a lot of bidders that I watched closer for them to complete payment within my terms because of their bad feedback. A few paid....others turned out to be deadbeats just as their feedback implied. eBay sure makes some goofy decisions sometimes!

Anyway, I hope that your issue gets resolved fairly. You don't deserve to be at the receiving end of some a$$hole with nothing better to do than bid and leave some b.s. feedback! I guess that he/ she is jealous.

Some people really have nothing better to do. Do you think it's someone bored out of their minds (or sick in the head?) or a competitor trying to ruin your reputation?

I had a buyer who pushed the price of my auctions to several hundred dollars more than retail - at the time I was so happy. They also did this to other sellers. A few days later they left -ve's for all sellers including me. The feedback read something like "...dress is overpriced"...umm, why did they bid?

doesn't Vlad check the computer number or something? Why can't ebay check in the same way? It IS a violation of their rules to be doing this.
Yes, he/they can check IP's. BUT many crazy people a) hide under proxies b) are crazy enough to change ISP's c) have a ISP that has IPs that change- It's extremely hard to differentiate one aol member from another IP wise- not sure if it's still like this though.

Anyways- stories like this are why I hate ebay.

I read that thread over there. It's just awful. I had stopped posting there awhile back. After having one of my Bags removed after a particular discussion I felt it was a little bit of a hostile environment (not with the regular boardies but everyone else). Because it was primarily an ebay board it was just too much at stake posting with your real addy.
Ebay really needs to start re- cross checking new addies. All of this ridiculousness of multiple addresses has to stop. I am a firm believer in a 2 addy rule. One for buying and one for selling if you wish. And the you have to live with the feedback you get. But also Ebay needs to be able to remove negs given in situation like these without a hassle.