Somehow, I feel that an ivory bag should be more formal

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I really don't know why, but I just do! It doesn't strike me as a color that I'd carry when wearing casual attire. Granted, I have seen plenty of ivory and white slouchy hobos, but it doesn't feel right.
    I'm in the market for an ivory bag, and all I can picture is a very structured, ladylike bag... possibly a frame bag, or something from Anya Hindmarch. Am I nuts?

2. No, I think ivory would be great to wear on date or for a formal occasion. I think everyone goes for black most of the time.

3. I'm with you. I have a hard time thinking of ivory or white as a casual "everyday" bag. I've even tried to get into it as an everyday bag (with an inexpensive slouchy shopper), but I never feel right. I think ivory would be gorgeous on an Anya or other structured bag.

4. I wear a very casual dark white Chanel on a daily basis, depends on the style of the bag IMO, not the color necessarily.
    Here's mine, worn w/ jeans in one photo and gym clothes in the other:

DSCF2145.jpg DSCF2139.jpg DSCF2538.jpg
  5. Gosh. That's funny. I have a Kooba Marcelle in ivory I can't seem to part with. The irony is that I'm so afraid to wear it, I don't see the point. I hold it up to my outfits and it really is beautiful. Because it's an ivory / winter white, it just works so well. In any all black outfit, it's sumptious. My debate was just whether I should sell it, or hang onto it "just in case." :confused1:

4d_1.JPG.jpg
  6. novice bag person here. I need help figuring my own bag purchase. I like the way this bag looks. If the cost of the bag is affordable for you, then I would keep it. It would be nice to know if that style and color of bag will be in season for Spring 2007 and Fall 2007.

7. I love the carker and the ebury by anya hindmarch. both gorgeous in the ivory!