Some people on poshmark is full of it

I don't think I have a problem at all since many appear to be doing things their way. Especially folks who only use paypal I have no problem with using poshmark for certain items but the high end item I wanted to sell. I thought it would be best to use another route. If you feel I have a problem based on what you read and if that's how you feel so be it!

The veteran posters in the ebay forum all abide by rules very carefully. Whether it be Ebay, Paypal, the post office, or other sites. This is because these same rules have protected them against scammers on these sites and sometimes are the only recourse in handling dumb corporate ebay employees.

Basically you're not going to get any sympathy by saying you circumventing fees here. :lol:

The veteran posters in the ebay forum all abide by rules very carefully. Whether it be Ebay, Paypal, the post office, or other sites. This is because these same rules have protected them against scammers on these sites and sometimes are the only recourse in handling dumb corporate ebay employees.

Basically you're not going to get any sympathy by saying you circumventing fees here. :lol:

Majority may follow them some others may not. It does not matter to me anymore since I will not be selling my items. Everyone is not a scammer but many may have experienced a situation being burned by someone they purchased from.

Majority may follow them some others may not. It does not matter to me anymore since I will not be selling my items. Everyone is not a scammer but many may have experienced a situation being burned by someone they purchased from.

This reminds me of what a teenager often says when they're caught doing something wrong. "Everyone is doing it" is not a very good excuse for doing the wrong thing. If you are using the site, you should pay the fees. It's stealing no matter how someone tries to sugar coat it. You're stealing their advertising and services when you do not pay the fees.

Reactions: Taylor_elle
This reminds me of what a teenager often says when they're caught doing something wrong. "Everyone is doing it" is not a very good excuse for doing the wrong thing. If you are using the site, you should pay the fees. It's stealing no matter how someone tries to sugar coat it. You're stealing their advertising and services when you do not pay the fees.
Great Post!

This! Well said. If OP doesn't like the fees then don't use their service.

I don't use POSHMARK so I really don't know how the system works. But I'm pretty sure that when people sign up with them, they agree to their terms and condition/user agreement which should include their rule for the transactions.
Many people cheat when they can. But at the end of the day, how those people can complain others when they are not following rules themselves?

I don't use POSHMARK so I really don't know how the system works. But I'm pretty sure that when people sign up with them, they agree to their terms and condition/user agreement which should include their rule for the transactions.
Many people cheat when they can. But at the end of the day, how those people can complain others when they are not following rules themselves?

I do not recall seeing the terms soon as I signed up but I see they have FAQs.

I do not recall seeing the terms soon as I signed up but I see they have FAQs.

Sorry, but you did accept when you signed up.

Poshmark_zpse7c3008f.png

From Poshmark FAQ

What should I do if someone asks me to take a transaction offline?

Encouraging Poshmark community members to buy outside of Poshmark either through Paypal or other means is not acceptable. Taking transactions offline is harmful and hurts everyone who plays by the rules. It also prevents us from providing a great experience for everyone. If you are approached to take a transaction offline, please contact us immediately at [email protected] .

I do not want them to take 20% heck I'm browsing now and I see a lot of people are using paypal especially for high end so I do not see what the issue is. I decided to keep my item it's no longer for sale.

There is pretty much ONLY ONE site that I know of, where you would not have to pay fees to
list and sell your items, and that is Craigs List.

EVERY site will charge between 10% to 25% to list and sell an item.
They have to, to pay for the site it's self... to pay employees, to pay for
a CSR to be there when somebody tries to scam another member.

When people circumvent fees on ebay and PM along with
other sites like this, those sites RAISE their fees to make up for the
fees they are losing from people doing things like this.

There is pretty much ONLY ONE site that I know of, where you would not have to pay fees to
list and sell your items, and that is Craigs List.

EVERY site will charge between 10% to 25% to list and sell an item.
They have to, to pay for the site it's self... to pay employees, to pay for
a CSR to be there when somebody tries to scam another member.

When people circumvent fees on ebay and PM along with
other sites like this, those sites RAISE their fees to make up for the
fees they are losing from people doing things like this.

Thank you for your input. If I decide to ever sell anything I will give Craigslist a try.

Thank you for your input. If I decide to ever sell anything I will give Craigslist a try.

That's a really good idea. I found a great armoire from my local CL:smile:
I find the haggling on Poshmark extremely annoying! I would choose selling items on eBay over poshmark. I bought a vest from Poshmark, and paid with a CC through their checkout system and still I got it cheaper than what was listed on eBay.

That's a really good idea. I found a great armoire from my local CL:smile:
I find the haggling on Poshmark extremely annoying! I would choose selling items on eBay over poshmark. I bought a vest from Poshmark, and paid with a CC through their checkout system and still I got it cheaper than what was listed on eBay.

Ebay is another option. I do believe their fees are more higher but at least you can choose different payment options. Hopefully Poshmark will expand their payment and spending options in the future.