Some lady in Orange County owes me *big time*!!!

Would it be possible for this thread to be erased/closed?

I apologize for the direction it ended up going, and for the obvious offense that I caused by posting my preference of one handbag over another.

This whole thread has gotten blown out of proportion, and this is not at all what I come here to read.

I am excited to be a part of this group, to learn about a brand that has intrigued me for so long. To learn about what makes it all so special and worthy of it's position as the pinnacle of the handbag world.

For those of you that have welcomed me so warmly, I appreciate it more than you can know. :love: I look forward to learning even more from many of you.
:flowers:

:roflmfao:

That was my thought, Amina! I got to hold a matte croc Lindy, and it was one of the prettiest things I'd ever seen.

Me too! Was thinking the exact same thing!! The croc Lindys are TDF!!! :drool: But, the Kelly is nothing to sneeze at! :nogood: I'd be happy if my DH was even in an H considering a bag!

That's one lucky lady!! Great job OCMommy!!! :tup:

OCMommy, don't feel bad!! You did an outstanding job helping that poor gent!! And I am SURE you made someone's Christmas very special!!! Trust me, if you helped my DH and I got a Kelly over a Lindy, I'd be forever indebted to your help and perfect taste!! :yahoo:

I am a newbie too and am learning so much...please don't feel bad and keep posting your great tales!! :tup: Merry Christmas and A WONDEFUL New Year to you OCMommy!! :flowers:

I apologize for the direction it ended up going, and for the obvious offense that I caused by posting my preference of one handbag over another.

This whole thread has gotten blown out of proportion, and this is not at all what I come here to read.

I am excited to be a part of this group, to learn about a brand that has intrigued me for so long. To learn about what makes it all so special and worthy of it's position as the pinnacle of the handbag world.

For those of you that have welcomed me so warmly, I appreciate it more than you can know. :love: I look forward to learning even more from many of you.
I drink to that ocmommy! Many things get "lost in translation" via i-net communication you know^.

Attachments

• 23122007087.jpg
    23122007087.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 48
Me too! Was thinking the exact same thing!! The croc Lindys are TDF!!! :drool: But, the Kelly is nothing to sneeze at! :nogood: I'd be happy if my DH was even in an H considering a bag!

That's one lucky lady!! Great job OCMommy!!! :tup:

OCMommy, don't feel bad!! You did an outstanding job helping that poor gent!! And I am SURE you made someone's Christmas very special!!! Trust me, if you helped my DH and I got a Kelly over a Lindy, I'd be forever indebted to your help and perfect taste!! :yahoo:

I am a newbie too and am learning so much...please don't feel bad and keep posting your great tales!! :tup: Merry Christmas and A WONDEFUL New Year to you OCMommy!! :flowers:
You know, once upon a time my DH went to H with a noble intention of getting me a scarf. He got me a beautiful one but NOT the color way I usually prefer (can't recall the name of it - mostly red with some green). I was very grateful to my DH for his sweet gesture. A little later he's telling me that his first choice was one scarf in deep blue (I loved that scarf!) but while choosing a scarf for me some lady volunteered helping him and picked the red/green scarf for him-for me. She got herself my favorite blue one!:wtf: Imagine how "happy" was I then! :lol:

OC, if that were me, (alas :crybaby:), I would rush of to TPF to say thanks! I love the Lindy, but am not much for exotics. If we did have the money, DH might have bought that bag for me, thinking the style/price was more important than the bag overall.

Hope you had a great xmas! And thanks for doing your best to help Mystery OC woman!

You know, once upon a time my DH went to H with a noble intention of getting me a scarf. He got me a beautiful one but NOT the color way I usually prefer (can't recall the name of it - mostly red with some green). I was very grateful to my DH for his sweet gesture. A little later he's telling me that his first choice was one scarf in deep blue (I loved that scarf!) but while choosing a scarf for me some lady volunteered helping him and picked the red/green scarf for him-for me. She got herself my favorite blue one!:wtf: Imagine how "happy" was I then! :lol:

The moral of your story is that you had a preference. The wife in my original post, however, did not.

I pity this poor horse.

mrss, are you implying on H-subforum everybody must sing the same tune?
I wonder where did you get an idea that you may call someone's expression of a personal opinion a disgrace?
No harm was intended OC.

Aminamina, I am not implying that you have to be as nice as everyone else here, for sure. You can pick your tune around here, anyway you like it. But there is a basic level of decorum in the Hermes sub-forum for a very long time, and you seem to want to disrupt that, or change the landscape. And that's definitely not appreciated. Why are you so abrasive around here? Show some class please.

No harm intended? You were caustic. No less.

And yes, this thread should be closed. And I'm putting you on Ignore from now onwards.

Hope you have a nice stay! I hope you will find we are a bunch of helpful people here!

Aminamina, I'm glad no harm was intended. But unfortunately some harm was caused nevertheless. Surely we could put dissenting opinions in a nicer way?

Ocmommy-You acted with kindness, and I am sure you helped that DH with a lovely surprise.Welcome!

Animania-I am going to assume you are having a bad day. Sometimes we don't realize how something can be interpreted, but after several posts, can you see how you may have been hurtful (even if unintentional)? IMO, a simple and genuine apology could help put this to rest. I hope you read this in the spirit in which it is intended.:smile:

Let's move on, and let this thread get back to its original intent. OC I think you did a great thing for someone who is probably very happy right now! So glad you joined us here on the H subforum!!! Welcome!!!!

Welcome OC! I think you made the right call also. Obviously, the wife did not have a particular handbag preference, but what her DH said she wanted fit the Kelly perfectly. It's the Hermes classic for a reason. It has stood the test of time. The Lindy is honestly an unusual handbag. For someone who is totally new to Hermes, I wouldn't have gone in the Lindy direction for a forever handbag. It's been debated here at length when it debuted. Pretty much a love it or hate it bag.

And now the croc Lindy is available for someone who truly wants and appreciates her. Isn't that really for the best?

Hi OC!
I agree with OFLisa - the Kelly is a classic. I would love to find one under my tree. It was a nice gesture the help the husband. Hopefully it helped you earn a lot of Hermes Karma points, LOL!