Some issues in here ...

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
Good evening!:smile:

We seem to be having an issue in this forum of members buying items for others.
In theory, this is a beautiful thing and we LOVE that you guys care enough to go beyond what a normal online relationship would normally include. Problem is, it's against our rules. We have very valid reasons why and it's just not allowed.
Member A buying an item, because Member B can't have access to it, and then sends it to Member B after they pay Member A is = buying/selling. A profit doesn't have to be made, this IS a transaction and it's just not allowed.

Again, the whole idea is lovely, but that's not enough to break our rules and we know that if you break our rules there's always a possibility of being banned.
Members posting about this publicly is sort of disrespectful to the other 99% of members and Mods and Admins here who are careful to follow the rules.
We've definitely reminded folks in here of this enough for people to know better.

*If you are doing this via E-MAIL and not via tPF then please do not post about it. You do not have to give a public shout out to people and here's why; you post the shout out then I have an e-mail box full of people saying "A bought shoes for B and received money for them!!"
If you're doing it off tPF please leave it off tPF, no need to broadcast who got them for you, it only causes issues HERE.*
KWIM?

Next issue, stop calling out members publicly for things they do OFF tPF.
If a member here is snatching up HG's on eBay please do not call them out by name here. What people do off tPF needs to stay off tPF. If you have an issue w/ a member and how they conduct themselves elsewhere, PM them or add them to your Ignore User list.
I totally get why people are upset, I get it and I'd be upset to.:yes:
You're upset for you and your friends and that's admirable. But naming folks publicly is causing a lot of tension in here and that's not fair to everyone else.

What I know about this forum, and the amazing members that reside here, is people here are infinitely knowledgeable and crazy helpful.
And when you're a very generous person and your fellow member is behaving less than honorably it's so disappointing. :sad:
But don't be counterproductive by creating more tension and hostility in here. People WILL see what the others are doing, this group is too intimate not to.

I know this forum needs Mods, I've repeated that over and over again. I sweep through every day but can't catch everything, we rely on you guys to report things that need attention.

Last edited:
Thanks Swanky! We just get so craaaazy about Loubies! We will behave!
gi71.gif

You guys could PM me or Vlad and Megs w/ suggestions of members you notice are always helpful and never involved in the drama :biggrin:
I try and watch and see who fits this but I'm not in here as much as y'all.