Some issues in here ...

Thanks y'all!!
:welcome:

I don't want people to think they can't vent or post whatever. . . it's the more direct finger pointing that we need to try and steer clear of. KWIM?
The Outnet thread is pretty amazing. . . the folks plainly posting that they're selling to other members and avoiding ebay. . . WTH!?!?! :faint:
People are going to freak when they realize they're banned :sad:
I neeeed y'all to follow the rules, consider this begging:tender:

Swanky, I couldn't agree more.

I didn't know what went on until I saw your post today.

I just want to say that the board has gotten a little intense lately.

This is a public forum and everyone is welcome. I think we all need to be a little more conscious of what we say.

- We need to be more patient with new members. Don't you all remember what it was like to get your first pair (even if they are plain black simples)? All you want to do is share your excitement and get support from people who understand. Half the time the search function doesn't bring up what you want unless you know a good keyword, so we have to be nicer and more patient when people post things that have been posted before

- Reselling. It shouldn't be discussed here. That being said, people are allowed to do what they want with the shoes they buy. We may be upset/jealous because they score a pair we want, but not everyone can just go out and purchase what they want. I know a lot of ladies use reselling to fund their purchases. Its kind of like when we were in high school and you and someone else both liked a boy. The boy liked you, so you went out. The other person got all upset because they wanted the boy and laid claim to him. In a perfect world, we could just clone the boy (haha), but these things happen. We have to get over it and not let it affect us on TPF.

I just want it to get back to being the supportive place for people who love CL's. We all understand each other in a way most of our "real life" friends don't. This place is a great outlet for us and we should try to check hostility and judgment at the door. I know it isn't always easy, but we have to try.

I love ALL of the ladies here. Everyone has always been so nice and supportive of me and I couldn't ask for a better group of shoe loving friends.

Let's make peace ladies!
:goodpost:

This is a public forum and everyone is welcome. I think we all need to be a little more conscious of what we say.

- We need to be more patient with new members. Don't you all remember what it was like to get your first pair (even if they are plain black simples)? All you want to do is share your excitement and get support from people who understand. Half the time the search function doesn't bring up what you want unless you know a good keyword, so we have to be nicer and more patient when people post things that have been posted before

- Reselling. It shouldn't be discussed here. That being said, people are allowed to do what they want with the shoes they buy. We may be upset/jealous because they score a pair we want, but not everyone can just go out and purchase what they want. I know a lot of ladies use reselling to fund their purchases. Its kind of like when we were in high school and you and someone else both liked a boy. The boy liked you, so you went out. The other person got all upset because they wanted the boy and laid claim to him. In a perfect world, we could just clone the boy (haha), but these things happen. We have to get over it and not let it affect us on TPF.

I just want it to get back to being the supportive place for people who love CL's. We all understand each other in a way most of our "real life" friends don't. This place is a great outlet for us and we should try to check hostility and judgment at the door. I know it isn't always easy, but we have to try.

I love ALL of the ladies here. Everyone has always been so nice and supportive of me and I couldn't ask for a better group of shoe loving friends.

Let's make peace ladies!

Well said....is this your campaign speech for CL MOD? I'll vote for you:nuts:

I wasn't aware of what happened until I saw this thread either. But after reviewing everything, thank you Swanky. And thanks to the ladies who all acknowledged/apologized as well.

I love that we can very easily settle things as adults :smile: The worst thing is being on a forum or website with people who are immature. It makes me happy that everyone is so polite, informative and very hepful. Thank you Swanky for bringing the issue up. Newbies like me sometiems need the extra info too :smile:

Let's make peace ladies!

:woohoo::woohoo::goodpost:

I just want to go to bat for the newbies. . . it's not always the newbies ;)
The drama I started this thread about isn't about newbies at all. :biggrin:
Thanks y'all for being so supporting and understanding. Literally every time I have to start a thread like this I get anxious, I don't always wanna be "that guy" and it can go either way. . . I totally piss people off and end up needing shields to deflect the fire coming at me :P or people {like y'all} just get it. Thanks!!!

You are awesome Swanky! I know this thread wasn't about newbies. Since you were asking us to chill to begin with I figured there was more than one thing we all needed to work on.

You are an awesome mod! Thanks.

I just want to go to bat for the newbies. . . it's not always the newbies ;)
The drama I started this thread about isn't about newbies at all. :biggrin:
Thanks y'all for being so supporting and understanding. Literally every time I have to start a thread like this I get anxious, I don't always wanna be "that guy" and it can go either way. . . I totally piss people off and end up needing shields to deflect the fire coming at me :P or people {like y'all} just get it. Thanks!!!

I think everyone enjoys seeing you here .....happier terms are always better. Your humor is appreciated. I don't think any of the ladies here ever intentionally break the rules. We all get so excited and we all want to help each other. Everyone speaks very highly of you.

Swanky Mama...Thank you for posting this, I couldn't agree more! don't know if you remembered, I'm kinda a victom of being calling out the name here, and you also post some commons helping the situation, I didn't know you were a big contributer here at that time, as I read more, I really think you've been working hard to maintain tpf...good job here!

Last edited: