Some interesting "shoe" facts from Allure magazine.

I've got almost 27 pairs of boots alone (because I just can never find those elusive perfect boots)! And $277?! I normally don't buy many designer shoes and even I spend far more than that per year!

Yeah, $277 where are these shoes coming from? Unless its only one, maybe two pairs & its a great deal on eBay I think there are a lot of women wearing slippers & flip flops.

That's incredible!! @_@ I can't believe it. $277 per year, and 27 pairs of shoes total?!?! That's like.. er... $10/pair.

Maybe they meant 27 pairs of shoes per year, and $277 per pair? :biggrin:

Hey, if more women got perdicures more often I guess more women would think their feet are "attractive." haha.

true! I find my feet attractive and I get pedicures.

The average woman might shop at Payless so that might be why the average spent per year is $277. Or if you bought four pairs of $50 shoes per year. Also take into account the woman who NEVER buy shoes and wear them until they are waaay out of fashion.

Yeah, $277 where are these shoes coming from? Unless its only one, maybe two pairs & its a great deal on eBay I think there are a lot of women wearing slippers & flip flops.
$277 is just for a year. Does anyone buy entirely new shoe wardrobes every year?

The 27 shoes wasn't how many they buy a year, but how many the average woman has.

It kind of makes sense, but a lot of women must be cheap..

$277: Amount the typical American woman spends on shoes per year.

Gosh, that's not very much!!! I spent over that winthin, like, the first week of the year! Where are these women shopping?

$277 is just for a year. Does anyone buy entirely new shoe wardrobes every year?

The 27 shoes wasn't how many they buy a year, but how many the average woman has.

Yes. I realize its $277 per year & the 27 is not purchased in one year but an accumulation.

If you buy designer shoes you'd be hard pressed to find ONE pair for $277.

My Chanel boughts I bought a few months back were $999 on sale.

If you go designer its expensive.

If you read the earlier posts as well (especially page one) I think we all acknowledge that the 27 isn't all purchased in a singe 12 month period. We're just amazed at ONLY spending $277 per year.

not necessarily cheap...my mom doesn't spend more than $70 on a pair of shoes...and she already has tons of shoes, so she doesn't buy more than a few pairs a year. i don't know why we're balking at these numbers...the average woman doesn't earn a ton to drop half a grand on a pair of shoes each time they shop, or isn't as fashionable as some of us are. my mom is simply practical in her shoe selection (basic pumps, etc), and would rather spend the money elsewhere.

Yes. I realize its $277 per year & the 27 is not purchased in one year but an accumulation.

If you buy designer shoes you'd be hard pressed to find ONE pair for $277.

My Chanel boughts I bought a few months back were $999 on sale.

If you go designer its expensive.

If you read the earlier posts as well (especially page one) I think we all acknowledge that the 27 isn't all purchased in a singe 12 month period. We're just amazed at ONLY spending $277 per year.
It's like a bell curve. There's enough women in the US that do not buy designer shoes that it brings the average way down.

One person may be spending $2,000/yr. on shoes but for that person, 100 people are spending about 300 for shoes, 400 people are spending 100 or less. And there are enough people in the lower spending brackets to make the average much lower. it's pretty hard, though, to spend less than $100 on shoes, even if you are shopping at Payless.

$300, in a pretty mainstream "nice" store like Macys and such can actually go a pretty good way.

It's like a bell curve. There's enough women in the US that do not buy designer shoes that it brings the average way down.

One person may be spending $2,000/yr. on shoes but for that person, 100 people are spending about 300 for shoes, 400 people are spending 100 or less. And there are enough people in the lower spending brackets to make the average much lower. it's pretty hard, though, to spend less than $100 on shoes, even if you are shopping at Payless.

$300, in a pretty mainstream "nice" store like Macys and such can actually go a pretty good way.
Yes. I know. I understand your point.

The point of myself & most others is that $277 in one year on shoes would be an act of God (because we all spend a ton on designer).

It's just funny to hear $277 a year for that years shoe purchases because most of us spend more than that in a month, easily.

I think it might be a regional thing too. When I went to NYC I felt like everyone was so much more stylish.

Here is an example of how people in New Orleans are about style. The other day I ended up having to take a long walk downtown and the shoes I had on hurt my feet. I hadn't planned on walking far that day but things changed. One of the ladies at work had a new pair of slippers she'd bought for someone and never gave them that were my size. I was like "I can't walk downtown in fuzzy slippers!" She goes, "Honey, this is New Orleans. Nobody cares!" So sure enough, I took off my heels and walked several blocks in a suit and brown fuzzy slippers with my heels in a little bag. I have to admit I did feel like an ass though. But people around here aren't always all that fashionable. Sure, some people are, but a lot aren't. You could probably shoot a gun through our Saks and not hit a single person because it's so empty.