Some good advice needed…

Ebba

Jan 18, 2008
I bought a Mulberry bag from eBay. On the listing the seller described the bag had been used only once and is in perfect condition like a brand new.
When I received the package I noticed that the seller had charged me triplicate shipping costs compared to what the shipping actually cost :sad: (packing material was an old shoe box and a plastic bag). Then I noticed that my new bag had a worn edge and the worst thing was 1,5 inch ink stain on the front bottom edge of the bag:crybaby:
I emailed her (very politely) through eBay and the send photos of the marks. She responded that she can refund £20 as a gesture of goodwill :shocked: (I paid £218 and that doesn’t even include the massive shipping costs) or alternatively I can send the bag back to her, but she cannot refund the return shipping costs because the bag was listed as used (what happened to the “perfect condition like a brand new”:confused1:).
She advices me to buy leather polish for £3 that will remove MINOR marks like pen ink... She underlines that the marks are very faint and barely noticeable, but I’m just :cursing::cursing: because there shouldn’t have been any marks in the first place. And the refund she offers is so minimal compared to what I paid her, and I shouldn’t have to clean the bag that was sold to me as in perfect condition.
What do you Ladies think I should do? Do you think the refund she offers is reasonable? I really :heart: the bag, but the ink mark makes me :crybaby:

the bag had ink marks that the seller was aware of, or so it seems. The bag was not in the condition she said so I´d file a SNAD to get a full refund. Sadly, you would be out the return shipping cost but you would get your money back. Do you have a link to the auction? The refund is not enough IMO. Good luck,

Kat

Last edited:
Sorry about yet another disappointing ebay saga.
I think you should file a SNAD also.
And just keep looking for your dream bag.

I agreed with Lovely, file a claim and get your money back. I'm sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately most of us have had a similar instance when something arrives dirty or damaged. Shame on the seller for doing that to you. Good luck.

Yes post photos. I think you have a SNAD (significantly not as described) case here. If you do file a SNAD, when you send it back be sure to insure it and get signature confirmation (not regular) so you cab prove they got it back. The post office itselfmay even tell you that the insurnace slip will suffice but it's not true for ebay/PP case. You have to have signature confirmation. It's only an extra $2.25.