"Some eBay sellers frustrated with rule changes"

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Source

2. #2 Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
    Well, I'm sure the poor guy is really going to love the latest round of policy changes announced tonight. I just got an email sent to all PowerSellers outlining further changes. I was so disgusted that I didn't even bother wasting time reading it in detail, but here's the gist of it.

1. There will be maximum shipping and handling charges a seller can impose on certain items.
    2. Sellers will be futher encouraged to offer free shipping, and if they do, they'll get a free subtitle (I imagine next month's policy announcement will make free shipping mandatory!)
    3. Checks and money orders will no longer be allowed as methods of payment. It's PayPal or nothing! (So greedy of you eBay.)

There are more, including a push to encourage fixed price auctions, but these were the most offensive to me, particularly as the message heading said, "we're trying to give sellers the most dynamic marketplace on the internet . . ." Sure you are. Just keep telling yourself that eBay, and eventually you might even convince yourself!