Some concerns about my 07A black reissue w/GH

the hardware does look a bit vintage-y and that fold at the bottom of the bag is definitely supposed to be there-- all the reissues i own have that fold. joyfishyu you bag looks AMAZING on you btw! Absolutely CHIC and GORGEOUS!

I agree with the ladies here - when I got my Navy Patent Reissue - I too questioned the "aged" hardware...and the SA told me it was to look old / vintage.

Bottom fold - yep

Price tag location - some have been attached to bag, others in bag.

Enjoy your bag - it rocks!!!:tup:

joyfishyu - The 226 looks GREAT on you!

I finally caved and ordered this exact bag for myself -- it just arrived from the Chanel boutique in Las Vegas. And you know what....it came with NO tags (no tags attached to the bag, no tags inside), and just a generic Chanel box with NO sticker label showing that it's the box corresponding to this bag. Nowhere does it show the A___Y___ serial number.

Needless to say I was quite upset, especially after having called the SA initially and asked her to confirm (before charging my card) that it indeed is a brand new w/ tags piece, not a display or a return. I called the Vegas Chanel boutique and complained to the manager -- she told me that UNLESS customer specifies they want the tags attached, Chanel boutiques generally cut the tags and remove the sticker on the box as part of the packaging process....? Are you kidding me?! Has this been an "explanation" anyone here heard of? I've purchased brand new Chanel's from Saks before and they've ALWAYS come with a tag attached, either outside the bag or inside the bag....never heard of this "we cut off tags as a common practice" excuse. Could not believe I paid $2,500+ (tax-inclusive) and they don't have the courtesy to include a tag. I can't live with these types of imperfections for a $2,500+ bag and will probably be returning/exchanging for a brand new w/ tags one.

when i buy bags from the toronto chanel boutique, it has never come w/ the price tag, attached or unattached. my SA removes all price tags whether it be handbag, accessories or jewelleries after they charge my card. and the box never has the pricing sticker, at least in my experience with the toronto boutique

Thanks for all your comments! You ladies are sooo sweet!

It is so weird that different Chanel boutiques have different "common practice". I may be able to swallow it If it is regionally different (like US vs Australia), but foxycleopatra, the manager's explanation don't make any sense to me. I also have bought from NM and Saks and BG, they all have tags attached. Even though this time the tag is not attached, it is still there somewhere in the bag! How silly and waste of time it will be if they need to cut the tag, why bother to attach it in the first place??

Foxycleopatra I have bought 4 bags from the Chanel boutique in Vienna,Austria-which is by the way the only place selling chanel in the whole Austria and I never got the tags too!I was not surprised at this since it's a common practice in most European cities to have the tags removed or halftorn from almost all merchandise!What made me wonder was that they remove the tag from the boxes too!on my asking why is that they replied only that it's the chanel policy-could it be that chanel want to ensure its sales and do not trust their personnel???Another thing that really upsets me is that they tell you that you are obliged to get a bag you've ordered -since they usually bring one/two pieces of some of the new bags only- so I have to order the bag I think I want,they won't order more than one bag for someone to choose!I know that of course I don't have to buy an item I've ordered according to EU merch law but their behavior is such that makes you think of going to the boutique again!Same and worse happens in Greece where I come from...!I really envy you gals that have such great SAs there!Talking about taking pics of catalogues is ...unspeakable! Even to be allowed to run through a lookbook is a ...task!:mad::rant::cursing:
Sorry about the long post I really had to get this off me!

Foxycleopatra I have bought 4 bags from the Chanel boutique in Vienna,Austria-which is by the way the only place selling chanel in the whole Austria and I never got the tags too!I was not surprised at this since it's a common practice in most European cities to have the tags removed or halftorn from almost all merchandise!What made me wonder was that they remove the tag from the boxes too!on my asking why is that they replied only that it's the chanel policy-could it be that chanel want to ensure its sales and do not trust their personnel???Another thing that really upsets me is that they tell you that you are obliged to get a bag you've ordered -since they usually bring one/two pieces of some of the new bags only- so I have to order the bag I think I want,they won't order more than one bag for someone to choose!I know that of course I don't have to buy an item I've ordered according to EU merch law but their behavior is such that makes you think of going to the boutique again!Same and worse happens in Greece where I come from...!I really envy you gals that have such great SAs there!Talking about taking pics of catalogues is ...unspeakable! Even to be allowed to run through a lookbook is a ...task!:mad::rant::cursing:
Sorry about the long post I really had to get this off me!

Thank for sharing. I appreciate much more generousity from NM, Saks, Bloomies, boutiques, ... They let me place order but no obligation to buy. For an expensive and hard to find item, what more can I ask?

I finally decided to waitlist both the regular black and the metallic black, and choose one after see them IRL in person. This afternoon I received the blk w/ GH 226. It is so gorgeous, I love the leather, the size,and the GH. I love the sharper look of reissue compared with classic flap.

But I noticed something that keeps bothering me:
  1. The gold color on the clasp sort of ...mmmmm....faded away?? I don't know how to describe it, please refer to the pic below. Are clasps of brand new bags supposed to be covered by some kind of film? But I noticed thegraceful1's bag also had no film, is that a common practice of Chanel?
  2. The bottom of the bag looks like bing folded, so when I wear the bag I can actually see the bottom" falling down", like I have put too much stuff in it. Is that also normal?
  3. The price tag is not attached to the bag, instead it was placed inside the pocket. My SA told me this was the last one the boutique had, now I can't help wondering whether this one is a display bag.
I really need your advice! TIA!

DSC00381.JPG

DSC00382.JPG

Congratulations!!!!
As you noticed we both own the same bag:yahoo:, and yes the goldtone is supposed to looked like an "antiquish" "worn" look to it (mine was brand new from the box and it looks like yours) so yes it supposed to look like that, in all my experiences shopping at the Chanel Boutique, I have not received any with plastic film ( I know LV does but not Chanel), also my price tag was attached to it, BUT sometimes Chanel does takes the price tag off when it the last one or a.k.a the display bag... but still brand new bag. Congrats again on getting it, is amazing in person:heart:

!I really envy you gals that have such great SAs there!Talking about taking pics of catalogues is ...unspeakable! Even to be allowed to run through a lookbook is a ...task!:mad::rant::cursing:
Everything is different in the States. It's a huge market and they can call their own shots sometimes. Even their Chanel make-up is their own and made there... not in Paris.

By the way... my reissue's gold HW is distressed looking too!