Some buyers....grrrr

abbygirl

O.G.
Oct 22, 2006
I had a $165 item up on ebay for a week.....starting price $99. The winner immediately sends me an email and says "she just noticed the size and they will be too big, therefore she needs to cancel". WTH? She waits to win before she reads the size? (I knew it was just she changed her mind), so I call her bluff. I tell her I have her size and will gladly send her those. Her next email to me is "can I give her a better price than the $99? REALLLY???? I had already said free shipping on the auction.

I send her an email and said no, she was already getting a great deal. So, another email from her says "ok, i paid, can u mail them out tomorrow cause Im really cold and need them".

Perhaps I should have just offered to give them to her and mail them out fed ex, since I dont need the money and she is cold.:wtf:

I had a $165 item up on ebay for a week.....starting price $99. The winner immediately sends me an email and says "she just noticed the size and they will be too big, therefore she needs to cancel". WTH? She waits to win before she reads the size? (I knew it was just she changed her mind), so I call her bluff. I tell her I have her size and will gladly send her those. Her next email to me is "can I give her a better price than the $99? REALLLY???? I had already said free shipping on the auction.

I send her an email and said no, she was already getting a great deal. So, another email from her says "ok, i paid, can u mail them out tomorrow cause Im really cold and need them".

Perhaps I should have just offered to give them to her and mail them out fed ex, since I dont need the money and she is cold.:wtf:

:lol:

I bet her next complaint is that you didn't send her what was in the auction, being a different size... Good luck!

I bet her next complaint is that you didn't send her what was in the auction, being a different size... Good luck!
Agree with Linda tht you should find out what size she really wants as she could easily file a SNAD, saying she received something other than what she won in the auction. Pain in the WAZOO buyers, they are everywhere:nuts:

Maybe I missed something but when the OP said that she called her bluff re the request for a different size I ttok it to mean that the OP only has the size in the listing and was just being ........ummmm........witty (can.t spell facaetious and didn't want to say snarky) and that the buyer paid for the size orig in the listing. Right?

i do have the other size also..just hadnt listed them yet. I think whether i send her either size, she is gonna be a problem buyer.....but I have to send them because i dont want to risk a neg. Although it will probably happen anyway.

I had another buyer purchase an expensive purse. She paid last friday night, and asked me to mail it the next day....which i did....free shipping, and sent it priority mail. She sends me a message on Monday, saying she was disappointed in the delivery date (which she saw on-line) that it would take 3-5 days....I mean seriously, I can not even hand delivery without a complaint. She received the purse yesterday.

My standard response will now be "GO TO NORDTROMS IF YOU DO NOT KNOW YOUR OWN SIZE AND PAY FED EX OR UPS IF YOU WANT IT NEXT DAY." ......IF U BACK OUT OF YOUR WINNING ITEM, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN.....(ok, forget the last line, but c'mon, i really do want to say that).

Maybe I missed something but when the OP said that she called her bluff re the request for a different size I ttok it to mean that the OP only has the size in the listing and was just being ........ummmm........witty (can.t spell facaetious and didn't want to say snarky) and that the buyer paid for the size orig in the listing. Right?

Facetious. It was close, just one extra letter. Facaetious looks like a latin-influenced spelling. Kind of like gynaecology. :P