Some advice on my recent Tiffany's purchase

sparkelyfish

winters love
Aug 1, 2008
I just bought return to tiffany piece in silver and I feel like I should return it. I have golden undertones to my skin so it isn't the most flattering on me but that's my fault...

I sort of bought it spur of the moment because I thought it would make me feel better. I'm afraid I'll regret returning it right after! I feel like I paid a lot of money for something I don't love. :/ Does anyone have any thoughts?

If you don't care for the way it looks on you, then return it while you can. Is it your first silver piece? I used to only wear yellow gold, but started really liking silver a few years ago. It took a little while to get used to the brightness of silver against my skin. Do they offer the same piece in gold? I know there is a huge price difference, but better to get something you will actually wear!
I have Tiffany pieces in both silver and gold; I also have golden/sallow skintones and I like the way they both look on me.

Depending on the piece, it is likely that if you return it you would be able to buy it in the future again if you change your mind. But the window for returns is smaller, so if you aren't sure or have doubts, return it and think on it some more. I agree with you regarding silver; my skin definitely looks better with warmer colors and with yellow gold. If I were you, I would return it until I was positive about what I wanted.

I feel that your first instinct when shopping is something you should go with. If you bought it because you told yourself that it would make you happy and you would like it then don't keep it. Keep only something that you love and makes you smile and be confident whenever you put it on!

^^ LOL

haheahe, i say return it too if you're not feelin it, or, if you're still back and forth about it, why don't you try it on again a different day when you're in a different mood and it might look at little more appealing? I always thought silver looked good on any kinda skin tone but i guess i'm wrong!

I returned it a while ago and way before the 30 days were up. The SA who helped me out was only impolite to me and implied I had worn it out but I hadn't. She said there was a scratch on it but how is that possible?! I only tried it on in front of a mirror after I purchased it and had it on probably less than 2 minutes. I kept it in the bag in the box. Ugh I really don't want to get anything from Tiffany's anymore. If it were indeed scratched then that would say more about their silver than my treatment of it because I was nothing but gentle with the piece

I returned it a while ago and way before the 30 days were up. The SA who helped me out was only impolite to me and implied I had worn it out but I hadn't. She said there was a scratch on it but how is that possible?! I only tried it on in front of a mirror after I purchased it and had it on probably less than 2 minutes. I kept it in the bag in the box. Ugh I really don't want to get anything from Tiffany's anymore. If it were indeed scratched then that would say more about their silver than my treatment of it because I was nothing but gentle with the piece

I'm sorry you had a bad experience there. SA's there are stingy when it comes to returns because management puts so much pressure on them to cut costs rather than give good customer service. Tiffany silver doesn't really scratch more than any other silver. The SA really shouldn't accuse customers of scratches because there really is no way to tell where the scratch came from. I never used to do that when I was in that position.