Sombrero or Epsom for Kelly Sellier 28 Black??

Jan 6, 2008
Hi Ladies,
Pretty new here. Debating over a few trustworthy resellers offering either Kelly 28 Sellier black GHW in Sombrero leather or Epsom. Both new, but Sombrero is $3000 less than the epsom and they are both obviously more than retail. Thoughts? Suggestions? All are welcome. TIA!!!

Hi Ladies,
Pretty new here. Debating over a few trustworthy resellers offering either Kelly 28 Sellier black GHW in Sombrero leather or Epsom. Both new, but Sombrero is $3000 less than the epsom and they are both obviously more than retail. Thoughts? Suggestions? All are welcome. TIA!!!
I personally think no problem in this question- all the way Sombrero! It is such an exquisite, special leather - can’t possibly compare it with epsom ..Good luck deciding!

Hi,
Can you please tell me how much was the price for the epsom cos I just bought mine from a reseller and curious about the pricing? Thanka

Hi Ladies,

I have a sombrero Kelly sellier 32. The leather is soft, looks beautiful, and I feel it is truly unique.
Hi there , I know this is an old post but I'm about to purchase a sombrero Kelly. It will be my first Kelly that I have been wanting for more than 35 years?
Can you please tell me how well does this leather fair? Is it really stratch prone?

Hi there , I know this is an old post but I'm about to purchase a sombrero Kelly. It will be my first Kelly that I have been wanting for more than 35 years?
Can you please tell me how well does this leather fair? Is it really stratch prone?
Have no first hand experience but I have seen YouTube videos or articles saying sombrero does scratch easily like other smooth leathers but cannot be buffed out because no patina develops due to the sort of matte finish. The old sombrero bags on line do look sort of tired and more beat up compared to say box bags but perhaps if it is not a heavy use bag I’d still go for it. New it is definitely very beautiful and it is a rarer leather seems like.

Reactions: kellyplease
I personally think no problem in this question- all the way Sombrero! It is such an exquisite, special leather - can’t possibly compare it with epsom ..Good luck deciding!
Thank you
Have no first hand experience but I have seen YouTube videos or articles saying sombrero does scratch easily like other smooth leathers but cannot be buffed out because no patina develops due to the sort of matte finish. The old sombrero bags on line do look sort of tired and more beat up compared to say box bags but perhaps if it is not a heavy use bag I’d still go for it. New it is definitely very beautiful and it is a rarer leather seems like.
Thank you
Thank you so much for your feed back.
Decided to pass since I want something more resilient like its owner