Solving Problem of Darkened Handles

msd_bags

Jun 23, 2013
I'm sure this has been done countless of times before, I just want to share my story. :smile:

So I got this pre-owned MAM very cheaply from ebay a few months ago. The listing just said brown, but when I got it I have a feeling it is Cloud Grey. It has lambskin leather (I believe) and siggy hardware and mosaic lining. It is quite in well used condition but leather is still nice and still smells good! (In this forum, I always profess my love for wonderful leather scent.)The only problem are the handles. They are darkened and a bit sticky and a bit stretched.

I did not like to use the bag because of the handle condition. I debated on whether to have the handles replaced or just buy twilly to cover them. But the twilly would only solve 2 of the problems and not the stretched handles. However, in the end, I opted for the cheaper option - using the twilly. Funny, when I surfed the US ebay for twilly, mostly Hermes twilly appeared, but gosh, they are a lot more expensive than the bag!! So I checked our local ebay, and of course, there are Hermes-inspired listings. But this one I got didn't say so anyway.

Here is now my 'treated' MAM. Mind you, I'm not the most creative person in the planet, so I just tied them the way I've seen some photos show them. At first I was favoring orange-based colors, but I finally decided on one with pinkish tone.

Attachments

msd_bags

Jun 23, 2013
Thanks sprite and BBGal!!

Wore this today. The twilly had a tendency to slide out of place a bit once I carried the bag on my shoulder, but it's not long enough for a double knot. Just the same, I couldn't help staring at it when I passed by glass/mirrors! I think the overall look is pretty. :smile: