Solid rib rhino or DCF?

I actually prefer Kwon! Did you get a quote from him?
No, not yet. I’m planning to call to make an appt. I msg him on Instagram.... I asked if it’s possible to have a more defined tip.... I love his work and on some pics he post some tips are more definite and some about the same, maybe the pt wanted that look? Have you gotten a quote from him or any surgeon for rhinoplasty?

I just learned about DCF from this thread wow. Personally never heard about it before.

What are everyone's thoughts on ear cartlidge? seems like these days people only talk about rib or silicone but not ear anymore. I wonder why.. is it not as good?

I just learned about DCF from this thread wow. Personally never heard about it before.

What are everyone's thoughts on ear cartlidge? seems like these days people only talk about rib or silicone but not ear anymore. I wonder why.. is it not as good?
From the info I’ve gathered from the internet, the ear cartilage is too soft to handle being implants on the bridge but it can be used in combination to be implanted in the tip

Reactions: harubaru
Anyone had a rhinoplasty from dr yoo or dr Kwon? I would like to know the how the experience was:smile:I’ve narrowed it down to them 2 surgeons. I was interested in dr Charles lee but he only does solid rib and from my understanding the solid can warp with time. The only 2 dr that do Asian rhinoplasty with dcf are the 2 that is stated above.... please correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyone had a rhinoplasty from dr yoo or dr Kwon? I would like to know the how the experience was:smile:I’ve narrowed it down to them 2 surgeons. I was interested in dr Charles lee but he only does solid rib and from my understanding the solid can warp with time. The only 2 dr that do Asian rhinoplasty with dcf are the 2 that is stated above.... please correct me if I’m wrong.

Dr Lee and Dr Yoo were on my list as well but I keep seeing mixed reviews online and I too am going back and forth about DCF vs solid. Solid can warp but DCF can too. I've heard of people complaining about the diced cartilage sticking out like a pimple that can't be popped and also that that the fascia can be absorbed (although it's rare). Looking for surgeons in Korea as well

Dr Lee and Dr Yoo were on my list as well but I keep seeing mixed reviews online and I too am going back and forth about DCF vs solid. Solid can warp but DCF can too. I've heard of people complaining about the diced cartilage sticking out like a pimple that can't be popped and also that that the fascia can be absorbed (although it's rare). Looking for surgeons in Korea as well
I stalk Dr. yoo Instagram and I like his work, especially the work that is in the middle, not too natural and not too dramatic. I did have consultation with him and that is a question that he asked if you’re looking for something more dramatic or more on the natural side. I’m thinking I want something more in the middle. I also look at Dr. Charles Lee work too but my only concern is the solid rib. When I researched it, seems like there are more complications with the solid rib then the DCF.

I guess it is a sacrifice that you have to take if you want to get a nose job. I’ve been debating going back-and-forth wanting it or not. I’ve also looked into liquid rhinoplasty but that doesn’t last and I would think it would be a hassle to go every eight months to a year or whatever it is after it absorbs into the body.

I guess it is a sacrifice that you have to take if you want to get a nose job. I’ve been debating going back-and-forth wanting it or not. I’ve also looked into liquid rhinoplasty but that doesn’t last and I would think it would be a hassle to go every eight months to a year or whatever it is after it absorbs into the body.

There are Youtubers that say good and bad things about both surgeons. Worth checking them out

Yes, I’ve looked at the videos. I know maiphammy, Kayla k., and Atiya Wilcott had theirs done by dr yoo. Personally I think it’s a better improvement compared to before and I’ve seen more bad reviews about dr lee... I’ve looked at Yelp also

Cosign SilentPlastic. I had full rib revision rhino and that was a big mistake. My nose looks so fake, rigid and hard to the touch and it is so hard to blow your nose. You can use rib cartilage for your bridge and dcf for the tip to give it that soft natural look. Silicone for the bridge and dcf for the tip is also an option and results can be amazing depending on the surgeon. Avoid full rib.

What about silicone + septal cartilage - is that better or equal to dcf

My surgeon used a technique of diced cartilage with fat. Not a lot use this. I’m almost 4 weeks postop and was going to start exercising soon. Does this mean I can’t do HIIT etc exercises ?

I don’t recommend liquid rhinos. The filler just makes the nose big and ill defined because it spreads. It’s also difficult to remove. I injected hylauronidase in there and it was still in there during surgery.
I would re consider Charles lee. He used to use dcf and switched to solid rib and he says his results are better. I would consider a consult. His consult fees are not expensive.

Last edited:
I did a Skype consultation with dr yoo in Cali... I got a quote of $23400. Dr Edwin kwon also does dcf and he’s in Cali too. I think dr kwon rhino tips are more natural. I leaning towards dr yoo but it’s soooo pricey
Ok so I’m confused about DCF. Kwon told me it’s ribs ground up stuffed in fascia to build the bridge. I’m watching a video from Charles S. Lee and he’s explaining the DCF as only using the ear cartilage??? I thought ear cartilage was too soft as a bridge?

I did a Skype consultation with dr yoo in Cali... I got a quote of $23400. Dr Edwin kwon also does dcf and he’s in Cali too. I think dr kwon rhino tips are more natural. I leaning towards dr yoo but it’s soooo pricey
rib isn't necessary unless its a revision case in which you have had an infection (low risk of that btw) from silicone or your tissues are very damaged. The margin of error is much higher when rib is used because the shape isnt perfect like silicone. It has to be carved to perfectly fit above your septum / nasal bone and it has to also fit your nasal dimensions too. This requires a certain degree of artistry which is why when rib is used the most common complication is aesthetic complications. The margin of human error is just much higher

You also want to avoid diced cartilage. I had that and it was a botch job. The problem with diced cartilage and fascia is the shape is even more difficult than full rib to get right. At least with rib a stencil can be used for a general guide, but the surgeon still need to do some additional shaping and carving. With diced cartialge + fascia thats not possible. On top of that a common (and when i say common, I mean COMMON) complication of diced cartilage is uneven resorption which ends up with you having lumps, bumps and unevenness to your nose. I had all the above from diced cartilage + fascia. I also had a humped nose and damage to my tissues to the point where the middle of my nose is permanently red. Ended up requiring a dermal graft to fix the problem. My revision was done with silicone fyi and im very happy with the results.

There is no need to fear silicone or shy away from it. Silicone is the way to go for the bridge. Tip has to be cartilage though. I wrote a post years ago explaining why surgeons in the west prefer autologous rhinos whilst those in Korea prefer silicone. You can do a search if you wanna have a read. Too much effort to explain it (5am here now) zz

rib isn't necessary unless its a revision case in which you have had an infection (low risk of that btw) from silicone or your tissues are very damaged. The margin of error is much higher when rib is used because the shape isnt perfect like silicone. It has to be carved to perfectly fit above your septum / nasal bone and it has to also fit your nasal dimensions too. This requires a certain degree of artistry which is why when rib is used the most common complication is aesthetic complications. The margin of human error is just much higher

You also want to avoid diced cartilage. I had that and it was a botch job. The problem with diced cartilage and fascia is the shape is even more difficult than full rib to get right. At least with rib a stencil can be used for a general guide, but the surgeon still need to do some additional shaping and carving. With diced cartialge + fascia thats not possible. On top of that a common (and when i say common, I mean COMMON) complication of diced cartilage is uneven resorption which ends up with you having lumps, bumps and unevenness to your nose. I had all the above from diced cartilage + fascia. I also had a humped nose and damage to my tissues to the point where the middle of my nose is permanently red. Ended up requiring a dermal graft to fix the problem. My revision was done with silicone fyi and im very happy with the results.

There is no need to fear silicone or shy away from it. Silicone is the way to go for the bridge. Tip has to be cartilage though. I wrote a post years ago explaining why surgeons in the west prefer autologous rhinos whilst those in Korea prefer silicone. You can do a search if you wanna have a read. Too much effort to explain it (5am here now) zz
Thank you so much for the explanation! This really helps! Another question is do the Korean doctors use the same type of silicone as the ones in the US? The more I think about the more I’m leaning towards Silicone.
Another doctor suggests donor

thank you so much for the explanation and sharing your personal experience. The more I think about it the more I’m leaning towards silicone. Do you know if Korea uses the same type of silicone as they do in the US?

Also did you use your own rib cartilage or a donor? I’m asking because that was also brought up to me as an option since they say rib surgery recovery is very painful and worse than the actual nose job.