Sole snob

tamburger

Feb 22, 2011
It was never really apparent to me, because I was into CLs for so long, but I am sort of picky when it comes to the soles of my shoes. I've recently started investing in other shoes (besides louboutins) and I've noticed that I will not buy a pair of shoes that have black soles compared to tan/beige leather soles. It doesn't matter what color the shoe itself is, I just make sure the soles are tan colored rather than black or silver. Am I alone?

I don't really pay attention to the soles, because if they're slick, I take them to a cobbler and have him put rubber soles on the bottoms anyway. I have all my CLs resoled with red rubber as well.

I am snob to the sole too, in term of leather or manmade. I don't mind rubber sole in black color if shoes are sneakers. But if they are heels or low heels boots, I cannot stand pale manmade sole and had returned numerous pairs of shoes just because of that. Yeah, I am bad. :shame:

nothing beats a pale leather sole! mmmmm......
I could care less about what sort of embellishment/decoration designers are stamping on the soles, as long as it is real leather :smile: