Sole snob

tamburger

Feb 22, 2011
CA
It was never really apparent to me, because I was into CLs for so long, but I am sort of picky when it comes to the soles of my shoes. I've recently started investing in other shoes (besides louboutins) and I've noticed that I will not buy a pair of shoes that have black soles compared to tan/beige leather soles. It doesn't matter what color the shoe itself is, I just make sure the soles are tan colored rather than black or silver. Am I alone?

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
I don't really pay attention to the soles, because if they're slick, I take them to a cobbler and have him put rubber soles on the bottoms anyway. I have all my CLs resoled with red rubber as well.

LadySapphire

Bazinga!
Jun 18, 2012
UK
i actually love black soles, but the sole of a shoe would never be the SOLE reason for me not buying them.

Bad i know! :rolleyes:

HandbagAngel

Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
I am snob to the sole too, in term of leather or manmade. I don't mind rubber sole in black color if shoes are sneakers. But if they are heels or low heels boots, I cannot stand pale manmade sole and had returned numerous pairs of shoes just because of that. Yeah, I am bad. :shame:

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
Hmm... don't care. It the overall shoe cut, style, silhouette that I look at and influence me the most.

abs678

Sep 23, 2012
nothing beats a pale leather sole! mmmmm......
I could care less about what sort of embellishment/decoration designers are stamping on the soles, as long as it is real leather :smile:

AEGIS

lettin' them have it
O.G.
Nov 29, 2010
i never cared about the soles with Louboutin...ok not true..i didn't like them

pquiles

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
Fort Hood, TX
I don't think I am a sole snob, but I do like leather bottoms. My favorite is the embellishment that Prada places on the bottom of their shoes.

tamburger

Feb 22, 2011
CA
I don't think I am a sole snob, but I do like leather bottoms. My favorite is the embellishment that Prada places on the bottom of their shoes.
Me too! I can't stand man-made material soles, but the gold embellishment on the Prada soles really do it for me. I think it makes a world of a difference!

ShoeConnoisseur

Leather soles only
Jan 8, 2013
Melmac
I have to agree... sole snob here!! lol! I only buy leather soled shoes! If its manmade materials at the bottom... i tend to not even give them it a second look!