Sold purse to someone in Mexico

abbygirl

O.G.
Oct 22, 2006
And I dont know what to do. After he won, he contacts me to say he is working with paypal to send payment (he has bought 10 items prior with 100% feedback) and if that doesnt work, he wants to bank account # to transfer. WTF? I never give my info out and relayed that to him and that I only accept Paypal. He replied he understood, and then stated he wanted me to wait until Dec to ship the purse to Vail Colorado instead of him home in Mexico City. I again told him I only do confirmed addresses through paypal and that if his payment cleared and after two weeks he wanted me to mail the purse to Vail I would. The purse was over $1000.

I am really pissed that someone bids and wins an item and then emails with problems. :cursing:

On top of that, I had several bids on another purse, and for the second time the purse was pulled for violating tradmark. Now, I took my own pics of the purse and put my own information in the listing and also put I am not associated with COACH in any way.

Do you guys think that someone may be reporting it because they have one they are selling of the same kind? I dont get it.

Ebay could have been doing one of their random pulling of listings. Or someone who is selling the same bag could have reported your bag as a fake. Usually if it's reported, it has to be reported by more than one person for the listing to get pulled. Unfortunately taking your own pics and providing a disclosure that you are not affiliated with Coach does not impact whether or not your listing gets pulled, and has nothing to do with whether or not your bag is really authentic. Some people are just jerks and will report you for no reason other than you are selling the same bag.

GRRR this drives me nuts! I had a woman who bought a dress of mine on a Wednesday, with no communication or questions of any sort in the lead up to the auction ending. Then as soon as it ends, she writes me an email saying "I need this dress by Friday, so please send today, or I will leave negative feedback for poor form." I was so angry - how can people consistently impose conditions on you on your auction?!

Re: this guy in Mexico, is it too late to pull out of the sale? Yes, you're bound to sell to him, but on your stated conditions, not his made-up ones after the close of an auction. It has scam all over it if you ask me, so perhaps getting out of it now will be better than losing your money and your bag!

I havent heard back from him after offering to give him an extra day or two to work out his paypal problems. He says he understands that I dont give my bank info out. It just irrates me to no end that its close to Christmas and I will now more than likely have to relist this purse. I was so excited when I got home and saw that it sold. I have never had any one from Mexico buy anything and I thought it strange that he didnt ask what shipping cost would be or his other conditions prior to bidding.

I will wait for a day for his response.

I hate to say it but this is EXACTLY why I will only ship to certain areas. I refuse to ship to anywhere in Asia, Africa or Mexico and if it's an expensive item, I will only ship to US.

I hope this works out for you. If not offer it to the next bidder. ;)

"On top of that, I had several bids on another purse, and for the second time the purse was pulled for violating tradmark. Now, I took my own pics of the purse and put my own information in the listing and also put I am not associated with COACH in any way.

Do you guys think that someone may be reporting it because they have one they are selling of the same kind? I dont get it."

If you make any mention of any other brands in your listing they will pull for violation...
If you indicate LIKE NEW in your title they will pull it...
If you mention any celebrity in your listing they will pull it...
It takes a MINIMUM of 10 reports from a MINIMUM of 5 DIFFERENT sources to close a listing, so unless you have SEVERAL competitors all pursuing your listings I doubt that is what is happening. - Possible but unlikely. JMO

Why would they pull a listing for "Like New" in the title? And what is wrong with mentioning a celebrity in your listing? I mentioned Heidi from the Hills and Lindsay Lohan in my listing because they carry the same Chanel bag, in addition to posting photos of them with the bag (in addition to my own photos).

This doesn't sound right.

It's right, I was given that info from various sources on the Ebay boards and then was told that when I finally talked to someone after multiple calls to Ebay's Trust and Safety Dept for mentioning Angelina Jolie in my LV Cabas Alto listing.

"On top of that, I had several bids on another purse, and for the second time the purse was pulled for violating tradmark. Now, I took my own pics of the purse and put my own information in the listing and also put I am not associated with COACH in any way.

Do you guys think that someone may be reporting it because they have one they are selling of the same kind? I dont get it."

If you make any mention of any other brands in your listing they will pull for violation...
If you indicate LIKE NEW in your title they will pull it...
If you mention any celebrity in your listing they will pull it...
It takes a MINIMUM of 10 reports from a MINIMUM of 5 DIFFERENT sources to close a listing, so unless you have SEVERAL competitors all pursuing your listings I doubt that is what is happening. - Possible but unlikely. JMO

I have not put ANY of that information in my listing. I was very careful about my wording and pics. there was no mention of like new, no celebrity, etc. It only had NWOT Coach carly purse" and just the measurements and my own pics. So because there are so many carlys selling I would just imagine someone did not want me to sell my purse and i did not put a reserve and started my auction at 9.99.

O.k. the buyer paid me and wants me to ship DHL to him. Should I wait to make sure payment wont be reversed before I mail out? Also, he now wants to me mark as x-mas gift and very low $$. I dont want to do that because if something happens to this purse, I am so screwed. I also told him I would need him to sign for it.

He is paying $87 for shipping DHL. He paid $1000 for the purse (it is authentic Burberry worth more). I am just so scared to do this. I already transferred the money from my paypal to my checking acct just in case once I sent purse he can't put a hold on my funds for some reason.

I just need to know if anyone else had problems with any buyers from Mexico.

He paid through paypal, but shipping will be through DHL. I sent him an email stating I would need a signature and am waiting to hear back.

MEXICO has ALOTof fake purses made and sold there. I just dont know if he is legit or not.

Here is the email I just got from him:

just pass to you the instructions that the people of DHL gave me and was like this

1. If you pay insurance for the item, in case that get lost, they pay you for the full amount that you describe for the insurance purposes

2. The xmas gift, is a usual procedure to be with a 1 dollar, just because need to have a value

3. you can double check with them, and let´s proceed the best way, of course the insurance its important, that´s why we are paying extra dollar, but the value doesn´t need to be an issue because if they decide that its more than standar, then they will come out with an import procedure, taxes, etc. and that´s get a lot of time an d money specially for the season

I do not want to mark the item as $1 because I think I can get in trouble, is that correct?