sold purse on ebay, buyer wanted to return, I said no, she sent it back anyway!!!

Perhaps the same person bought both purses under different IDs? But I guess that would only make sense if you shipped them to similar locations. So weird! This IS an interesting twist!!

Perhaps the same person bought both purses under different IDs? But I guess that would only make sense if you shipped them to similar locations. So weird! This IS an interesting twist!!
no, they weren't shipped to even close locations, I just was confused and automatically assumed it was the first buyer who I told I wouldn't allow a return when it came back.

The buyer who I told I would not allow a return is in Washinton State (they actually kept their bag), this one is up in Oklahoma (the one who actually returned the bag)

She has 22 pos fb, which isn't a ton, but it's not 0, I guess I'll send her that email I wrote above and see what she says. SO STRANGE! People are SO STRANGE!

I would just refund her and forget it.

Think of it from her side, Yes she should have read the description properly and maybe got her tape measure out and checked first but at the end of the day she has sent the item back to you. It would be unfair of you to keep both the bag and the money but also, if you send the bag back to her you will have to pay for postage again.

Just refund her money - it'll be easier.
Absolutely NOT! When you bid and buy on ebay it is a contract. There is no difference if someone hires a person to install a fence with specifications, ie. So let's say the contractor installs the fence to the buyer's specs. And then the buyer decides they don't want a fence after all. Should the contractor refund the money to the buyer? No. It's a contract. The contractor installed the fence according to the contract and that's that.
And if people who can't read, or abide by ebay's rules, and the seller's requirements, then they need to get off ebay, and buy somewhere else.
As a seller, this stuff drives me crazy. I don't have "layaway" and I don't sell "on approval". You bid, you buy, and you pay. End of story.

OH LORD!

This just got weirder. I looked in my transactions (I sold three of these same purses) and the person who originally contacted me wanting to send it back isn't the buyer who sent it back!

The one who sent it back already left me pos fb saying "Awesome seller and fast shipping".

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!
I'm wondering if I should totally ignore the return and pretend I just have no idea where it came from and wait until they contact me and can do things properly and the way ebay intended (what would have happened if I was a gold powerseller who sold thousands of items in a month, I would have really had no clue what this was! I sell maybe 50 things a month, maybe 15 purses and I still had to do quite a bit of research!)

I am SO curious! I just read this whole thing (I never know if it is safe to by from ebay...I hate the thought of getting screwed...) but geez, I didn't think stuff like this ever happened!! Can't wait to hear an update!

Absolutely NOT! When you bid and buy on ebay it is a contract. There is no difference if someone hires a person to install a fence with specifications, ie. So let's say the contractor installs the fence to the buyer's specs. And then the buyer decides they don't want a fence after all. Should the contractor refund the money to the buyer? No. It's a contract. The contractor installed the fence according to the contract and that's that.
And if people who can't read, or abide by ebay's rules, and the seller's requirements, then they need to get off ebay, and buy somewhere else.
As a seller, this stuff drives me crazy. I don't have "layaway" and I don't sell "on approval". You bid, you buy, and you pay. End of story.

Wow - I wasn't the only one who originally said just refund her - how come I got blasted?

I would say now (after the update) to leave it and wait for the person to contact you. If they have left you positive feedback already why return the bag? Ebay seems to be full of nutters at the moment.

I think I'm just going to play dumb and wait and see what happens. I have the purse, I have the money, I have positive feedback, I think I'm in pretty good shape!

I hate to contact her to acknowledge she did a stupid thing, I'm going to just wait and see, but I will DEFINITELY keep you gals posted, it's become quite a story!

Thanks for everyones thoughts, keep em coming, I love hearing how others have handled this sort of crap!

Wow - I wasn't the only one who originally said just refund her - how come I got blasted?

I would say now (after the update) to leave it and wait for the person to contact you. If they have left you positive feedback already why return the bag? Ebay seems to be full of nutters at the moment.
Didn't mean to blast. But from a seller's point of view and all the crazy things people do on ebay, it really becomes a total nightmare. I don't expect to be able to return something I buy on ebay to a seller if the item is accurately described just because I decide I don't want it or need the money back. And frankly, I wouldn't DARE try and return something to someone who clearly posts no returns. I would be embarrassed to even ask.
Buyers really need to read everything carefully before they bid and not get caught up in the excitement of bidding unless they are fully prepared to accept the terms of the sale.
Sorry you feel I blasted you, but that was not the point. I just wanted to remind everyone that the auctions on ebay are contracts.

I had exactly the same problem. I sold an Isabella Fiore bag around December and suddenly I get the bag back around late January, with tags attached but it seemed a little worn (it was wrinkled and I think I could smell Clinique Happy). Anyway, she told me that it was too small (even though I had mentioned the exact measurements) and wanted her money back. I told her no way as it was used atleast once and that she would have to pay me to ship it back to her. She started a Paypal claim saying it was a fake bag !!! As if I've seen very many Fiore fakes !!! I still have the bag and the claim is still there after all these months. I figured I'll wait and see as I have an upper hand (she left me a positive when she received the bag).
Ebay has just become a place filled with nut cases and scamsters !

OMG Court, this is so weird! I can't wait to see what happens. I think if I were you, I'd do what you're already doing - wait.
And, I agree with some other posters, I absolutely would not completely refund. Measurements were stated, bags in great condition, etc. If anything, like on poster said, with 20% restocking fee taken out - you could give the buyer that option and they might rethink the return!
I've had decent luck on ebay, but I hear about this crazy stuff and it makes me nervous!!!

How strange. I hope you get this resolved. I'm having problems also with a buyer similar to this and she says she's going to send the item back and wants a FULL refund + the cost of shipping back to me. I messaged her and told her I would only refund the BIN price since the only reason she's sending it back is because of Buyer's remorse.

Let us know how it goes...I'm curious. Good luck! :smile:

I had exactly the same problem. I sold an Isabella Fiore bag around December and suddenly I get the bag back around late January, with tags attached but it seemed a little worn (it was wrinkled and I think I could smell Clinique Happy). Anyway, she told me that it was too small (even though I had mentioned the exact measurements) and wanted her money back. I told her no way as it was used atleast once and that she would have to pay me to ship it back to her. She started a Paypal claim saying it was a fake bag !!! As if I've seen very many Fiore fakes !!! I still have the bag and the claim is still there after all these months. I figured I'll wait and see as I have an upper hand (she left me a positive when she received the bag).
Ebay has just become a place filled with nut cases and scamsters !
It's the whole buy a bag, carry it a little while, and then take it back. The problem is that the women who have been doing this for years at retail stores, are now finding out they can do this on ebay as well. It's bullhonky if you ask me. And Paypal better wise up and get a handle on it and start protecting honest sellers with all these bogus claims.