Sold new pants, received back worn pants

pippaWA

Jan 30, 2009
The title says it all...

I have sold a new (without tags) pants in the middle of June. The buyer told me she wishes to return them because they are worn. I told her they were new and unworn, but she just mailed them to me. Today I have received the pants. They ARE worn. The model is the same, but the pants are not.

I am furious. I have no idea what to do. I have been buying and selling on Ebay for 10 years. This is the first time I have had someone defraud me over a $60 pair of pants. I feel like I am done with Ebay.

p-WA

Ah Man! How shady this buyer is. A bait and switch with jeans instead of bags. Well, Im sorry this happened to you. Did she mail them to you without prior contact?

Welcome to the club PippaWA. Remember she can neg you too if you do not do as she wants. She could even make you do a dance, 100 push ups and or make her a margarita and if you don't the neg will come anyway and there is nothing you can do about it!?!? What is the id of the buyer?

Could you email paypal and explain the situation and include pictures of the pants you sold vs. pictures of the pants you got back? Did she just return them on her own or did she file SNAD?

This is scary...my main category for selling is clothing. I thought I was safe. I guess not though.

Could you email paypal and explain the situation and include pictures of the pants you sold vs. pictures of the pants you got back? Did she just return them on her own or did she file SNAD?

This is scary...my main category for selling is clothing. I thought I was safe. I guess not though.

Paypal wont care about the pictures, buyer is always right

Ah Man! How shady this buyer is. A bait and switch with jeans instead of bags. Well, Im sorry this happened to you. Did she mail them to you without prior contact?

She simply e-mailed me saying that the pants are worn and that she is returning them back to me. I have asked where they are worn and she said, waistband and the hems. I asked for pictures but the pants are black so there's not much to be seen there. I was flabbergasted: i could not button the stupid pants up so could they have been possibly worn?

Now I know: these pants are actually worn quite a bit. Like, not once or twice, but worn, washed then worn again. They are not quite as black as they should be, and the waistband and the hems are obviously worn.

I just don't get it: all of this for $60?!

p-WA

Given a chance scammers will take any little thing. Her pants were worn..yours weren't. Problem solved for the scammer. Can you post the id, I'd like to block them.

Looks like she deliberately shopped for the same pants, then sent back her old one and kept the new ones. These people amaze me everyday, can't they get a job and buy a new pair of pants? I'm sorry this happened to you, I would definitely contact ebay and explain the situation.

I recommend using a seller mark and tyvek bands on clothing too, when possible. Belt loops, button holes, spaghetti straps, etc. Somewhere where it does not hinder trying the outfit on but would be noticible if worn.

I recommend using a seller mark and tyvek bands on clothing too, when possible. Belt loops, button holes, spaghetti straps, etc. Somewhere where it does not hinder trying the outfit on but would be noticible if worn.

I am going to put tamperproof bands on each and every item from now on.

It's just that if it were Chanel or something I would have understood the motive. I have sold several expensive clothing items this spring, and people seemed happy to get them. I would have totally thought that Brunello Cucinelli would have been more of a high risk item than Theory. Yet the Cucinelli buyer left happy feedback (an international sale, too) and the Theory buyer has pulled this.

p-WA

I'm guessing she had delivery confirmation on the return package? I know we're not supposed to stoop to the level of a scammer but with someone so blatantly screwing you over...I would. This has got to be stopped at some point and if ebay and paypal are unwilling to intervene then sellers need to fight fire with fire.