Sold my first item on bonanzle!

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I just sold my first purse on bonanzle today! I've only ever sold and shipped books before so I want to make sure I do everything correctly before I head to the post office.

The purse sold for $150. Delivery confirmation is not the same as insurance, correct? I will have to purchase both, if I'm reading correctly.

When I buy purses, they usually come to me in the large bubble wrap. Do I buy that at the post office? Or will I need to go to Wal-Mart first?

thanks for helping a newbie seller!

2. KongRatZ on your sale, runner :tup:
    You don't always need bubble wrap to pack a purse; it depends on the purse and the box you use. The USPS has free boxes, but I don't think it sells bubble wrap. I buy new boxes and supplies at a Box Store that specializes on all that stuff. Wal-Mart sells boxes (limited sizes), but I don't know about the bubble wrap.

Check out the Bonanzle thread for more info:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/bonanzle-is-closing-in-on-10000-members-387722-26.html#post9316854

3. Staples or office depot sells alot of different sizes and they definately have bubble wrap. Those types of stores sell them with a hefty price tag compared to places like the box store where that is their specialty. I would go to a box store or other moving supplies store because you can get enough for this sale and the next for a fraction of the price of buying at USPS.

4. Congrats! I would switch to Bonanzle completely if I had some iota of success with them. I will keep my fingers crossed.

5. Thanks! So to clarify, none of you guys use bubble wrap to pack your purses? How exactly to you pack them then?

6. I do not use bubble wrap. I put the bag in its dustbag and then in a box with packing material.

7. some sellers use bubble wrap, esp when the item/bag is of a high-end brand name.

lately, sellers also wrap the bag (bag is in its dist bag too) with a clear plastic bag 'coz there are some areas/places that's experiencing rain/snow-- just to protect the bag 'coz the box might get wet when the postal carrier drops off the box at the recepient's.

8. i always use bubble wrap when shipping, but i steal it from my husband. He orders bubble wrap, peanuts, and boxes from Uline.

9. I would just suggest, delivery confirmation, insurance, and sending the bag inside the dustbag inside a plastic bag (because of snow and rain issues).

CONGRATS!

10. That's exactly what I did! haha. I hope this transaction goes well. *crosses fingers